Wolf Primers $15/1000

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I'm in for 10k spp, if there is no group buy I'll probably order Monday for myself. I got burned on the last group buy, most expensive primers I ever paid for.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'd be down for 7k mixed and I'm in the Baton Rouge area. If nothing else we can do a few local buys rather than one large group.

I guess make that 5k mixed. The spp are showing out of stock at wideners. Does anyone know if this is a sale price or is it going to be their regular price? I guess we could also check out powder valley. They show in stock for spp. Best to call and make the order to verify that.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I've got my cart ready at PVI, if anybody in baton rouge wants to split the hazmat let me know, I am going to order sometime tonight.

mikepizz

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR # 308
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Maurepas, LA
    i tried ordering 20k yesterday and was told they only had 6k left plus they didn't have the powder I wanted so I got the same deal at Powder Valley and they had the powder I wanted. Been using wolf for the last 3 years for match and practice ammo. Not one issue to report.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    i tried ordering 20k yesterday and was told they only had 6k left plus they didn't have the powder I wanted so I got the same deal at Powder Valley and they had the powder I wanted. Been using wolf for the last 3 years for match and practice ammo. Not one issue to report.

Wish I had known you were ordering from PV. Ritten and I are getting ready to make an order and could have split the Hazmat/shipping with you.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    PVI says they can send up to 48 pounds for one hazmat fee.

I thought it was less than 600 lbs coming by FedEx or UPS. I think Midsouth is a bit higher on the weight, but for 48 lbs, that's a lot of primers. Powder in 8# jugs, meets that weight pretty quick.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Wish I had known you were ordering from PV. Ritten and I are getting ready to make an order and could have split the Hazmat/shipping with you.

Contact kcinnick about adding on to our order. He may be able to do that by phone tomorrow morning. We're both in Baton Rouge so you'd be pretty close if you're in Gonzales.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Looks like we can't add to this order, sounds like primers are flying out the door and availability and pricing can't be guaranteed if I change the order. If pricing stays the same and they work out I am going to order again in March, and i can give more notice.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    I never check this site enough when something like this is going on. If someone else sets up a Baton Rouge area order let me know as I will go in with you........

Incidentally I have heard good things about Std Dev on 5.56 and 6.8 rounds loaded with these primers. (SRM or .223 - depending on how it is titled)

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Powder Valley went up on their prices.

Small Pistol $16
    Large Pistol $15.50

BUT somebody said if you order 10K you get free shipping and free hazmat, but cant find nothing that says that

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Powder Valley went up on their prices.

Small Pistol $16
    Large Pistol $15.50

BUT somebody said if you order 10K you get free shipping and free hazmat, but cant find nothing that says that

Free shipping, free Hazmat if for Tula primers.

Yeah, when I tried to up my order they hinted that the price was going up...

Max's Choice

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Meraux La
    Got an email from wideners today and this seemed like a really good deal.

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=278|284|737

How are the Wolf primers?

I use and sell wolf primers. They work great as that is all i use. I like to use rifle primers in my 38 super as i shoot a hot load for major but pistol will work also as i have tryed that to. I have pistol and rifle in wolf at 150.00 a brick and will bring to a match if you or anyone needs.
    I only have small primers, no large ones. anyone call as they go quick. I also have 2 bricks of winchester small primes for same price.

Last edited:

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Has anyone else had problems with wolf small pistol. I've had multiple failures in both Glocks and HKs. Seating depth was fine.

Bad Batch?

CJB1911

PEW PEW PEW
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    SWLA
    Has anyone else had problems with wolf small pistol. I've had multiple failures in both Glocks and HKs. Seating depth was fine.

Bad Batch?

I went to wolf exclusively, after the great primer shortage of 08. 20k so far and no more issues then any other brand.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom