Woman calls cops on ATF...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m thinking some of you may have seen this already. I just saw it for the first time tonight and nearly laughed my guts up. No idea if this would ever play out the same in any other situation but it would sure be worth a try.
    Bonus story: The agent in question reportedly shoplifted some expensive grocery store wine in 2015

https://youtu.be/gb1MVFDy_tw

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The ATF get into stupid incidents on an annual basis or sometimes more often. Several of their Agents are neurotic and dysfunctional. Even their best employees constitute nothing more than welfare cases who contribute nothing to society.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Lmao man that was awesome. Why not just do what the officer tells you though? I’d bet my paycheck had be just not acted like an entitled dick head he wouldn’t have ended up on the ground getting tased.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    It sounded like he even started the sentence "My wife is pregn-" because that has **** to do with anything. Both sides contributed to that escalation.

I don’t know that I agree with that. The police approached this situation as a call of someone impersonating a police officer. The guy wasn’t being exactly cooperative when they approached him. The cops did what they had to do to identify him in my eyes. He chose to have it escalate to that level. I would hope any officer responding to a call like that wouldn’t just walk up and take the individuals word because he says so and looks like he fits the bill.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    When Biden outlaws our ARs pistols - 12 round mags and suppressors and ATF agents start looking for them we will see a lot of these videos from 2 one sanctuary states .
    Had the agent worn his badge around his neck it may have gone a little smoother .
    Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dbommer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2011
    Tate Cove La.
    What a prick of all the people that should know to comply he should. When he saw the police drive up he should have taken his ID out and showed it to them. He made the situation worse. He tried all the tricks in the book, my wife is pregnant, LOL I can't breed. Just another Fed who disrespects other agencies and thinks he is better than them. I have worked with some good Feds but I have hit some just like this ass and I am sure he was not better acting with the lady in the house.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    This one is long but the detained FBI agent behaves the same way.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3C4qbIOhLgw

I had to watch that the whole way through. Somebody has to watch that deputy. He may have a long string of bad luck suddenly pop up.

Like Chuckie Schumer says "They'll get you six ways to Sunday."

If there wasn't Corruption in Carvela FL before there will be now.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    I had to watch that the whole way through. Somebody has to watch that deputy. He may have a long string of bad luck suddenly pop up.

Like Chuckie Schumer says "They'll get you six ways to Sunday."

If there wasn't Corruption in Carvela FL before there will be now.
    What I got from it was the FBI guy wanted to talk to the deputy about why he wrote a ticket for a certain lady and then got rid of said ticket . Probably off the record hopeing the deputy would rat on a supervisor or sheriff . The deputy didn't play along and the FBI man didn't have a backup plan and wasn't smart enough to impromptu .

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    They are trained to say certain things when they get arrested so they can gain legal leverage and make the process more comfortable for themselves. This is so stupid. I can see everyone calling the police on the ATF after seeing this. My regional Sheriff would probably happily come and arrest the ATF after the shenanigans they have been pulling the last few years with the Democrats.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I don’t know that I agree with that. The police approached this situation as a call of someone impersonating a police officer. The guy wasn’t being exactly cooperative when they approached him. The cops did what they had to do to identify him in my eyes. He chose to have it escalate to that level. I would hope any officer responding to a call like that wouldn’t just walk up and take the individuals word because he says so and looks like he fits the bill.

There are ways I feel (admittedly, in Monday Morning Quarterback Mode, like we all are watching this) that the officer could have done better with that contact, mainly by slowing the whole thing down. Once the subject is hearing you and standing there with his hands up, not touching the gun, but refusing to get on the ground, instead of continuing to yell at him and basically argue, just let him stand there while you wait for the second officer. He didn't take off running, he didn't come charging, so as long as he stands there, why keep shouting at him to get on the ground? Also, he gave him conflicting commands a couple times, telling him it was fine to not get on the ground, then immediately reverting to yelling at him to get on the ground. Carry the dialogue further while you wait, but with clear direction pertaining to the interaction. "Without reaching, where are your credentials? Once the other officer's here, we'll verify them." Saying thing's like "Who do you think you are" and "what the heck's the matter with you" just continue the argumentative tone of the contact. If he had not finally gotten down himself on arrival of the second officer, I'm sure they were still going to approach and detain/disarm him while he was standing, so the whole screaming at him thing was really that officer elevating his own level more than anything else. I would also argue that they could have safely disarmed him, frisked him further, and continued investigating the circumstances without fighting him into handcuffs.

All of this is with a clear acknowledgement that you never know how any contact will ultimately turn out, I'm just saying that without that guy running or reaching, all the opportunity was there for that officer to control the pace of that contact in a slower and calmer manner. The agent, although acting pretty shabby, was not screaming, cursing, or threatening in the initial contact. All of that initial amping up was the officer yelling when he really didn't have to.

Now, as for federal agents running around with untucked shirts covering their gun, no badge visible, no "raid jacket" or some such helping identify them visibly when approaching to contact, that's jacked up, too. If you have to go covert to tail someone down a street, nonchalantly sit in a coffee shop surveilling a corner, whatever, but if you are going to approach someone's residence and declare your authority, you should be visibly identified as well. Wear that badge around your neck, put on the windbreaker, and maybe, just maybe, call the local dispatch and give a courtesy notification that you are going to an address in their area?

Last edited:

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    This reminded me of an incident that happened back in the early 90s . A lady I know was in line for a job with the FBI out of New Orleans . She had 11 siblings told them to expect a visit from an agent as she had to be checked out . A few days after being advised to expect it a man rang her sisters door bell and jokingly said FBI through the screen door . Of course she let him in and as the conversation progressed she became angry when he was an insurance salesman . I don't remember if she reported him to the police but knowing her he did get quite the earful .

riverrat66

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2016
    The hills of St Helena parish
    There are ways I feel (admittedly, in Monday Morning Quarterback Mode, like we all are watching this) that the officer could have done better with that contact, mainly by slowing the whole thing down. Once the subject is hearing you and standing there with his hands up, not touching the gun, but refusing to get on the ground, instead of continuing to yell at him and basically argue, just let him stand there while you wait for the second officer. He didn't take off running, he didn't come charging, so as long as he stands there, why keep shouting at him to get on the ground? Also, he gave him conflicting commands a couple times, telling him it was fine to not get on the ground, then immediately reverting to yelling at him to get on the ground. Carry the dialogue further while you wait, but with clear direction pertaining to the interaction. "Without reaching, where are your credentials? Once the other officer's here, we'll verify them." Saying thing's like "Who do you think you are" and "what the heck's the matter with you" just continue the argumentative tone of the contact. If he had not finally gotten down himself on arrival of the second officer, I'm sure they were still going to approach and detain/disarm him while he was standing, so the whole screaming at him thing was really that officer elevating his own level more than anything else. I would also argue that they could have safely disarmed him, frisked him further, and continued investigating the circumstances without fighting him into handcuffs.

All of this is with a clear acknowledgement that you never know how any contact will ultimately turn out, I'm just saying that without that guy running or reaching, all the opportunity was there for that officer to control the pace of that contact in a slower and calmer manner. The agent, although acting pretty shabby, was not screaming, cursing, or threatening in the initial contact. All of that initial amping up was the officer yelling when he really didn't have to.

Now, as for federal agents running around with untucked shirts covering their gun, no badge visible, no "raid jacket" or some such helping identify them visibly when approaching to contact, that's jacked up, too. If you have to go covert to tail someone down a street, nonchalantly sit in a coffee shop surveilling a corner, whatever, but if you are going to approach someone's residence and declare your authority, you should be visibly identified as well. Wear that badge around your neck, put on the windbreaker, and maybe, just maybe, call the local dispatch and give a courtesy notification that you are going to an address in their area?
    1st thing. The atf guy was being a jerk. That being said. Sometime you cant make that courtesy call to the locals. I remember back in the 80s when fbi brokeup a theft ring. They hit middle of night and took the guys to Mississippi for holding. They were afraid the local sheriff was involved or would tipoff the folks who were involved.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom