Women's Class w/Paul Gomez

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    Thanks for the kind words, ladies.

Can you give me an idea of the synopsis of that first pistol day?

The focus of the Women's Introduction to Defensive Pistol class is to demystify all the garbage that gets circulated about guns and such so that the new student gets good information presented in plain language.

The emphasis is on identifying and inculcating good, solid gun skills and introducing concepts that will help organize and drive their training from that point forward. Class is about a 40/60 split of lecture/discussion and live fire work, so it's not a physically demanding class but it can be mentally fatiguing.

It will offer a framework to organize and support your ongoing development in this field, if you choose to go forward with additional training. The student will leave with an understanding of the role of the handgun and a grasp of the Mindset, Tactics, Skill and Gear necessary to address the problem of violent, interpersonal, aggression.

Topics covered include: The Universal Gun Handling Rules and how they apply to firearms safety in the Real World, Demystifying the Gun, Legal Aspects of Using Force, Self Defense Fundamentals, Confrontation Management, Combat Marksmanship and Core Concepts of Gun Handling.

Each student will need a handgun, spare magazine or appropriate ammunition device, holster that covers the trigger guard, eye & ear protection, 200 rounds of ammunition. If you would like to attend and do not have a handgun, I have several loaner pistols available.

Please bring any defensive devices normally carried, ie Pepper Spray, Folding Knife, Fanny Pack, Purse, etc. Please bring a notepad and pen as well.

Cost for the one day class is $150.

------------

It looks like the October weekend is the better option. Let me see what we can do about a range. Figure $150 for Saturday only or $250 for both days.
    Round count for Saturday will be 200rds. Budget 200rds additionally for Sunday.

MsTrixie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    My work schedule for October has been changed/ I will not be able to attend...
    That weekend is LSU vs. Flordia game...oh how could I forget...(sarcastic snickers)
    I have to work.

Top Bottom