Would Jindal VETO HB387?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    If, God Forbid, Rep Richmond's AWB were to somehow get the required support... Well do you think Jindal would veto?

John_L

FTRB
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    The Brady Bunch gives Lousiana 2 points out of 100 for our gun laws (or, in their view, a lack of gun laws.) In other words, they consider only two states more free from gun control than Louisiana.

One thing to remember about typical politicians: the fear of losing re-election trumps everything else. Calls, emails and letters remind them of this.

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    See, I don't remember where, but I coulda sworn I read he was in favor of an AWB. I could be misremembering though...

I highly doubt it, or would be really shocked. He was the guest speaker at last years (or the year before that) NRA convention. I think it is still on you tube.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqulJSzEPqM[/ame]

hopes this clears up any opinions about jindal's position on 2nd amendment rights.

the fact is that he is on our side

Last edited:

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    So what is basically the first thing he does? The legislature announces plans to vote themselves a FAT raise, and our new reform-minded governor says he's staying out it! WTF??? He decided to veto it ONLY after a storm of public outrage.

I wondered about this one too.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I give Jindal the benefit of the doubt on that one. His argument was that he didn't want to throw a stick in the spokes of all the other bills and progress that they were making, and he hoped for the legislature to listen to their constituents and take care of it themselves (like they should have).

He should have shot it down immediately, and it definitely went on entirely too long, but at the end of the day Jindal kept to his word and we didn't see a huge payraise.

The anger IMO should be directed at the legislators who voted for that crap, not Jindal.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom