Would you be ok with an FFL missing a delivery b/c he was out to lunch?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you be upset?

• Yes, the FFL had one job to do.

Votes: 6 23.1%
    • No, lighten up Francis

Votes: 20 76.9%
    • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

northern

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Mods, apologize if this is not the right forum, didn't know where would be best to post. Feel free to whack or move.

Would you be ok with an FFL missing a delivery because he was out to lunch and FedEx didn't deliver?

Long story, short. Purchased a rifle over a week ago, been waiting patiently for delivery. Rifle was set to be delivered today when I got an exception notice from FedEx saying "Customer Not Available or Business Closed...Delivery will be re-attempted the next business day."

Contacted said FFL and he said he was out to lunch and not to worry "UPS and FedEx swing through here multiple times a day."

Waited a couple hours and then contacted FedEx and they said they would not be returning to that area again, and if I had contacted them sooner they would have been able to reattempt delivery.

Kinda upset with the FFL for not doing his part. I know that the gun SHOULD be delivered tomorrow (unless he skips out on delivery again), but I took a half day at work so I could take delivery and go shoot. Now I cant tomorrow.

Last edited:

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    If FedEx passes at lunchtime every day, he should go to lunch at a different time and wait on the delivery. If they usually pass at 3pm and were early, I wouldn't let it bother me. UPS passes at my house about 5pm, I should be able to go to lunch if I am expecting a delivery.

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    If FedEx passes at lunchtime every day, he should go to lunch at a different time and wait on the delivery. If they usually pass at 3pm and were early, I wouldn't let it bother me. UPS passes at my house about 5pm, I should be able to go to lunch if I am expecting a delivery.

This^

A one time event, lighten up.
    Repeat issue, call him out and find a new FFL.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    UPS and Fed ex both hit my business at different times everyday. Frustrating sure, but it's Monday. Give him a break.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    I would give it another day before loosing any sleep over it. However it's probably a cool new toy and I understand your lack of patience

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    You were counting chickens me thinks.

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

It's a learning lesson. Don't take the time off of work until you have the toy in hand.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it at all. People have to eat. Its not like he intentionally missed your shipment. Besides, FedEx and UPS are awful about coming at the same time every day.

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    We deal with deliveries all day long.
    Have had FedEx and Ups deliver all day long also!

Planes are late, trucks break down.

But seriously - out to lunch, Hmm?

Last edited:

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it at all. People have to eat. Its not like he intentionally missed your shipment. Besides, FedEx and UPS are awful about coming at the same time every day.

People should pack a lunch when the have a business to run . If the hours are posted on the door, the store should be manned ,Or find someone more reliable .

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Depends, is this guy running a shop out of his house? Or is this a legit business with a front store, that actually stocks guns? If it's the latter, I may be upset, but if this is a small operation that a guy does in his spare time, I can't complain, b/c more than likely he's affordable.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom