Wow obama is simply a moron.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Born4spd

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    He claims to be for the middle class.

Yet he wants to send out another stimulus check, and if i have gotten my **** right. Stimulus checks hurt everyone.

They devalue the dollar (gas jumped when the stim checks were given out).

They are pretty much a tool of the far left.
    The government mailing people checks based on income = Vladimir Lenin

Any thoughts?

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I agree with you. I knew that the stimulus checks would hurt more than help.

Hypothetical situation...
    You are a business owner selling products. All of a sudden your customers have a bunch of "free money" from stimulus checks. What are you going to do if you're a wise businessman? RAISE PRICES. Thats what happened and I knew it was going to happen.

The stimulus checks are helping my Gold commodities mutual fund that I'm in though :)

Pops

Old but not dead .
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    EBR Parish
    What prices were raised due to the stimulus checks ? The price of oil has been going up everywhere . Europe , Asia , etc . Nor do I see how Gold prices could be affected . Politics aside , can anybody cite factual examples
    of the stimulus checks affecting the economy in a negative way ? I'm not saying that it helped , just don't understand how it hurt .

Remember , I said factual examples .

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I don't have an article...but.

Where does a government that is $10,000,000,000,000 in debt get $600 for every person that filed their taxes?

They print it on a printing press...it's distributed & spent...it causes more inflation.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    It came from China that is also how we are financing the war. We borrowed the money from China so that people could buy products made in China.

What we need to do is Nuke China during the upcoming Olympics and blame Osama. If the world has 5 Billion less people using oil the price would go down. Then we would have to rely on Japan or ourselves to make goods. The price of metals would also go down which would relate to ammo prices going down.

Obama is controlling the price of Oil between him and Oprah they have it. A few weeks before the election Obama will go to Iran and work out some type of deal for world peace. With no tension in the middle east the price of crude will go down. Obabma will be regarded as a world hero and be elected shortly after. He will help the economy and make us a world leader again at the same time we lose our status as a superpower.

Oh yeah my stimulus check is still in my savings account, send me more please.

Pops

Old but not dead .
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    EBR Parish
    I don't have an article...but.

Where does a government that is $10,000,000,000,000 in debt get $600 for every person that filed their taxes?

They print it on a printing press...it's distributed & spent...it causes more inflation.

Rember the part about " factual examples " ? I respect your opinion , but so far that's all I've seen is opinions . I bet you sent your check back , right ? :p

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Gold prices are in relation to the strength of the dollar. Gold's value is set relatively at a certain value. When the dollar is weak it takes more dollars to buy the same weight of gold. When the dollar is strong it takes less. I guess I can't cite specific examples of how the stimulus checks hurt the economy. I do know that the economy hasn't gotten any better since the checks came out. That is probably just a coincidence. Pops, how about you cite factual examples pertaining to how we are better off since the stimulus checks. I'm with CajunTim, my check is in savings as well. I'm not an economics major, but I feel certain that these stimulus checks have not done anything to help stimulate the economy like it was intended to do.

tgrshooter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    New Orleans
    Pops....It is a fact that our government prints money out of thin air now ever since we have been off the gold standard. It's called Fiat currency. Go look it up.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    A few more dollars in 'Economic Stimulus' money will only speed up the process. The Fed is trying to protect the lenders rather than trying to reduce inflation. If they don't let the lenders crash and do something about inflation soon it'll be the Great Depression again, or maybe Argentina 2001 on a larger scale.
    Tim, you may be onto something.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Hey, easy guys. Pops didn't claim the stimulus checks helped the economy. In fact he specifically stated that. He simply asked for factual examples of prices that went up because of the stimulus checks. I'd like to hear those too.

The checks were not financed by printing money. They were financed the same way the war has been financed - by borrowing from China. How the hell else do you think the government can cut taxes then spend 12 trillion dollars on a war while not cutting any services? The reason the dollar is weak is because the United States' credit is weak, and foreign nations have less confidence that the US currency will hold its value.

Listen folks. I travel in Europe a lot. They really like us there, but they wish we'd get our **** together, so they can trade with us as equals, because a healthy US economy means Europe doesn't have to trade with countries they don't like whose currency is stronger than ours - like China. While the US has initiated "free trade" with China Europe has been resisting it. Everyone there - down to the poorest farmer knows that free trade with China is a death blow. China is a SLAVE ECONOMY, and no free nation can hope to trade with them at anything like equality. Their cost of labor is low, because their people know what happens to them if they don't meet their quotas. The Chinese dictatorship shoots some 20,000 of their own people in the head every year for "capitol crimes". How do you think that affects production in their factories where people get paid pennies on our dollars?

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Hey, easy guys. Pops didn't claim the stimulus checks helped the economy. In fact he specifically stated that. He simply asked for factual examples of prices that went up because of the stimulus checks. I'd like to hear those too.

Thank you , That was exactly what I asked .

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I took my China financed rebate to help buy an new China made t.v. and saved the rest in an account. Now I can watch all the liberals run our country into the ground in a larger format. Not to mention I get my NASCAR in better views now too.

I wanted to get another pistol, but I knew the wife would not go for it. She went for the t.v.

:rofl:

Top Bottom