WTB 12ga shotgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I bought my son a Maverick for his first shotgun . I knew he would step up when he got older so I didn't want to invest too much . He shot the hell out of the gun and it ran just fine .

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    +1 Used 870s can be a great value when you find the right deal. IF you're on a really tight budget, the maverick will do- that's what I bought when I turned 18 - but a used 870 or mossberg 500 will be money much better spent. For $50-100 more, you get a higher quality gun, made in USA, with a much better accessory market for if you wanna add/remove tube extensions, side saddles, custom barrels, etc.

The good thing about the more expensive guns' accessory aftermarket is that you can reconfigure your one gun for different uses. That ends up being better for your budget, as you don't have to buy different guns for hunting, skeet and HD. Just switch barrels and take of the magazine extension. With the Mavericks, I believe you can switch barrels, but the magazine tube is fixed and not many other accessories are available.

i had a maverick 88, the tube is removable. I ordered the 20" barrel, tube, and spring from mossberg for $107 shipped about 1 year ago. heres a pic:
    60464_428502481890_640896890_5514621_795278_n.jpg

I now have a 870, Barneys in lafayette has them as police trade ins with wood furniture and the extension tube for $220. They distributed them among their locations. If that helps any

Last edited:

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Just buy the Maverick from Academy already. the 28"bbl is $169 and the 18.5"bbl is $189. At the most,tax will take you up to $205 if you buy the short barrel. Can't go wrong with it,it's a good shotty that will give you good service.

You really can't beat that deal cuz it's brand new unless you find a used one for under $150...and that's really all their worth used.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom