WTB 1911 Handgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm looking for my first 1911. I'm not very worried about the manufacturer, offer up anything you got, most I can say is no. I'm not looking to spend too much money, but I definitely want a decent gun that will last me a long time, and be able to outshoot me. So offer up! Also needs to be face to face in the Baton Rouge area, but I will drive to you if necessary.

Last edited:

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Haha, I'm aware. I wish I could go out and buy one of the customs. So below $800-900 hopefully. I don't mind Taurus PT1911s or any other gun. I love the feel of Kimber guns as well. Offer up anything available. The closer the price gets to the top of my price range though, the more I'm going to have to think about it. So offer up low prices for fast deals!

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Dude in that price range buy an STI Spartan, $620 brand new in the box and comes loaded with features.

You can get a SA GI in the $400-500 but once you replace the safeties, add a better trigger and machine the slide to replace your sights you will have about another $400 in her.

Rock Island is a good basic entry level but same thing applies, Citadel falls in the same category.

Some people sware on the PT1911 but is almost the same price as the STI and its a lower level quality IMO.

Welcome to the 1911 world, pretty soon you will have more than ONE!

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Wow. The Spartan is pretty gorgeous. Anyone have one used for sale?

NOT going to happen, people who have them usually understand how much it would cost to build a lower end to the features of the Spartan, my advice is buy new and enjoy a LONGGGGG time.

I know sometimes its hard to swallow a $700 1911, specially when being used to a strike fire polymer gun that is usually a couple of houndred dollars cheaper but its just like a sauce some people like it mild, some medium and some extra hot.

1911 are a freaking adiction, they are possesed by the devil.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    NOT going to happen, people who have them usually understand how much it would cost to build a lower end to the features of the Spartan, my advice is buy new and enjoy a LONGGGGG time.

I know sometimes its hard to swallow a $700 1911, specially when being used to a strike fire polymer gun that is usually a couple of houndred dollars cheaper but its just like a sauce some people like it mild, some medium and some extra hot.

1911 are a freaking adiction, they are possesed by the devil.

^^^^Werd^^^^ A new good 1911 for $700 is a bargain IMHO. I paid over $2K for an ED Brown and almost $1K for a S&W 1911. I do not regret spending the money on either. :)

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    ^^^^Werd^^^^ A new good 1911 for $700 is a bargain IMHO. I paid over $2K for an ED Brown and almost $1K for a S&W 1911. I do not regret spending the money on either. :)

I currently own 2 that are above the $1500 range but also understand he is looking at entry level 1911's, im sure your first was NOT the BROWN it takes somebody that either has $$$$ or knows to buy a Brown or Wilson, you work your way once you get hooked into the higher end guns.

And myself I dont regret spending the money in any of the 1911's currently have 5 of them and will add a 9mm soon.

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I currently own 2 that are above the $1500 range but also understand he is looking at entry level 1911's, im sure your first was NOT the BROWN it takes somebody that either has $$$$ or knows to buy a Brown or Wilson, you work your way once you get hooked into the higher end guns.

And myself I dont regret spending the money in any of the 1911's currently have 5 of them and will add a 9mm soon.

To start out with a Brown would be awsome but not what I'm saying. Just letting him know $700 is an excellent starting point and very reasonable for the 1911 platform. Later should he move up to a semicustom/custom he will appreciate it much more. :)
    Edit - Just letting him know he will have no regrets letting go of the money for a Spartan.

Last edited:

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Colt Defender

Got one like this PM me!
    0327001253.jpg

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks for all the offers guys! Snookie, I'm sorry but I'm looking for a full size. Thanks though! Also, what are Springfields like? I have an offer on one and I'm not sure what their reliability or price value is at?

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    The Springfields are nice but there are SO many models of them, it's hard to single any one of them out. Basically, you just decide what caliber and finish you want and then max out the options as dictated by your budget.

Once you do that however, you may find yourself looking at the Spartan again, or maybe even the Trojan, due to what you'll get for the same money.

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    This one is a Loaded model in what looks like a nickel finish. I'm not sure what options the loaded package includes or what would be a fair price for one. Guess it's time to go google it.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    This one is a Loaded model in what looks like a nickel finish. I'm not sure what options the loaded package includes or what would be a fair price for one. Guess it's time to go google it.

Are you by chance looking at the TRP on La Sportsman? It's a a scam and the dude is in Ohio...

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Are you by chance looking at the TRP on La Sportsman? It's a a scam and the dude is in Ohio...

"Mr. David Dubose?" Yeah, I already ran across him a while back. He told me he lived in Decatur, TN. Soon as I heard that I knew it was a scam. No, actually this one was offered by a more senior member of BayouShooter.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom