WTB Beer Keg(s) - Used Beater

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    I am looking for Stainless Steel Beer Kegs (half barrel and pony) to use in making my own homebrew beer. I am willing to pickup in the Baton Rouge area and will pay $25 OBO for each keg. Old beer and dents are not a problem.

If you have a keg that you can't get the deposit back on and want to sell, let me know by PM.

Last edited:

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    I have 4 of the 5 gal Cornelius kegs I would let go for $25 a piece. I have moved into making more wine than beer and need to down size. I am in Vacherie

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    I am interested in some Corney kegs, are they ready for use pending sanitation or do they need to be refurbished?

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    Great, I don't suppose you have a CO2 system or other brew equipment you'd like to sell. I am just making my start into the craft.

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    I have an empty 20lb CO2 tank (it needs to be hydro tested), a regulator (from the hospital I work at) and about 20 ft of gas line I would be willing to let go for $70. For the regulator you would need to order a gage and the conversion connection (it is made for O2) from Northern Brewer, about $20.

Pm me if you are interested.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    Does anyone have suggestions for places to call about scrap kegs (i.e. distributors, bars, junk yards) ?

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    watch the craigslist, especially during time between semesters when students leave..

I have several I have picked up, sorry they are not for sale, I have passed up over 10 in the last few months just due to having soo many already.. fwiw I would expect to pay up to 25 to 50 for stainless, the deposit is over 75 now..

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    My old keg.

Beerkeg001.jpg

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Hey Mr. Vsotok, If you get any that are in too bad of shape to use... (Holes or something). I can use them. I make BBQ pits out of them these things make great tailgate pits,people love them as Christmass presents.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Does anyone have suggestions for places to call about scrap kegs (i.e. distributors, bars, junk yards) ?

keep watching craigslist. I just picked a few up for my brewing purposes. Although your price does seem a little low, not saying that you won't be able to find any in that range if you wait long enough. I bought 2 in BR for $30 each and i felt like i was getting a great deal. Remember Coors, Bud, and Miller owns the kegs so no legitimate channel is gonna sell them to you. Your best bet is getting them from someone who had a party at their house and someone else who paid the keg deposit left the kegs at their house.

Good luck with your brewing adventures its a great hobby :)

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Great, I don't suppose you have a CO2 system or other brew equipment you'd like to sell. I am just making my start into the craft.

Are you planning on starting all grain? Ive been brewing for a little over a year and have made some great beers using my turkey frying kit. I believe its 32qts aluminum, works great on the kitchen stove or on the propane. Not trying to discourage you, but starting on anything greater than a 5 gal batch would have been discouraging to me.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    I am trying to acquire everything needed to brew all-grain batches up to 10 gals. I plan to start small and work up the size of my batches over time as I gain experience. Ultimately I want to achieve the greatest return possible on my brew efforts which means nothing less than 5 gallons at a time.

I also have a friend with experience homebrewing who offered his help in exchange for cold ones.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom