WTB: Hunting Rifle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdk426

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Livingston
    As title says. I am looking for mainly bolt action left or right handed( I shoot southpaw, but am satisfied with right or left handed bolt). Mainly a .270 , .308 , .300 , and .30-06.

Prefer something with scope and not crazy about synthetic stocks, but not totally against it. Also prefer something with a scope not a must though.

Would like to see what's available out there if possible. It doesn't have to be anything I inquired just an idea of what I'm looking for. Pics and prices would be nice.

Thanks, Jerry

Swampghost

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    I have a Savage Model 110 Right hand Bolt Action Rifle chambered in 30-06 Springfield. The rifle has a mounted Simmons 8 pt 3X9X40 scope with Butler Creek Pop-Open lens covers. I does have a synthetic stock and does not have sights. The rifle is like new. There are a couple of rub marks on the black synthetic stock (barely noticeable), but the metal looks brand new. It does not have the Accu-trigger, but the trigger is not heavy. The scope looks fine but the Simmons emblem fell off of the side of the scope. (It was a small adhesive emblem. The scope mounts are aluminum. It also has a pretty nice black padded sling. I will get a picture to you as soon as I can. I'd like $350 for the whole rig In Mandeville/Covington. Can meet in Metairie/South Shore during the week. You can't go wrong. The barrel has been gently cleaned with a Coated Dewey rod with Brass fittings. It's ready to confirm the zero!

DSCF2902.jpg

DSCF2903.jpg

DSCF2907.jpg

DSCF2911.jpg

DSCF2914.jpg

DSCF2913.jpg

DSCF2908.jpg

Also...There is a really good looking Weatherby Vanguard in 30-06 with a good-looking wooden stock on Consignment at the Arms Merchant in Mandeville. It is very clean looking and has an old Weaver Widefield Scope mounted on it. It is priced at $300, but there will be tax. The wood is pretty highly figured for a lesser expensive firearm. The Howa/Vanguard, like the Savage is known for being very accurate. (985)893-2772 They are on east service road for Causeway Boulevard across Causeway from LSP Troop "L" in Mandeville. They had two pre-64 Winchesters in 308 and 30-06 that just came in on consignment, too. Price is somewhat higher on those.

Last edited:

jdk426

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Livingston
    I just might have to take a ride out there to check out that weatherby. Thanks for the heads up. I will keep the savage in mind though. Thanks

Swampghost

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Weatherby is sharp with that wood. The Weaver Widefield is sort of a scope from an era gone by, but that was high-quality optics.

I posted the pictures of the Savage. Scuff on the stock looks much worse in the picture than it is.

jdk426

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Livingston
    Good looking savage will definitely keep you in mind. And I'm partial to weatherby. Hunted with a .270 Mark V my whole life. Love that gun lol. Just looking to take something back with me to Wyoming before I head out again on the 4th.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I suggest getting the marlin 45/70 for sale here. it will fit a lefty just fine and in my opinion is one of the best hunting rifles available

Frogman

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    I have a Kleinguenther K15 in a 300 win mag, no scope, but very expensive and hard to get rings and mounts. I also have a German Voere .280 with a Leupold 3.5-10 Vari III scope/ both have beautiful wood stocls, but both are right handed. Send me your email if you are interested and I will send you photos.

101guns

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Monroe, LA
    In the wood category, I have a scoped, sporterized 1917 Eddystone 30-06 in excellent condition and an unfire, Remington 788 in 7mm-08. Cant find these.

Awh77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    If you would like to sell the 300 Kleinguenther please let me know I would be intrested in it.

Frogman

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    I have a German made Voere Shikar in a .280 caliber with at 3.5-10 40mm Leupold VIII scope. Beauitful wood stock. Smooth, Fast action. Ready to hunt. Send me you email if you are interested and I will send you photos.

Gene
    frogman

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom