wtb sigma

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I would have to agree that the sigma is a better gun than a hi point. It actually has a locking barrel, not blowback...

I have bought and sold/traded about 4 sigmas. I could get the trigger better, but ultimately I prefer the glock trigger so I moved them on. They have very well made magazines and the grip is a good fit for many peoples hands. The materials are not up to glock quality though.

I paid between 200 and 250 for them.

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    The "new" Stigmas (#SW9VE or SW40VE) are actually decent pistols with abysmal triggers.

I picked one up yesterday from Bayouslide's friend. The grip fit is fantastic and the sight pic is good. The trigger was a bear though. With a thumb tack and a superfine emery board, I had the pigtail spring off and polished the the trigger parts in about 20 minutes and made the trigger 10 times better. She's ready to run now. Well worth a couple hundred bucks IMHO.

Tiptoe

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Prairieville
    I see everyone still hating on the Sigma however with a very simple trigger job it is an excellent weapon for the price . I got mine in exchange for about 150 bucks worth of work on someone's motorcycle ( didn't cost me a dime to do BTW ) . I carry mine when I OC . Tbh I prefer to shoot it over my glock solely because it fits my hand better. When I CC it isn't what I use but I have absolutely no.problem ttusting my life to it. S&w has a warranty that is nothing to laugh at, however as others have stated hi-points , though rugged and ugly are very dependable and extremely cheap. There is a hi-point 9mm in my truck and one in my tool box in my shop and a .380 in my wife's car. In a pinch it'll do.

RisingRebel

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Lafayette Louisiana
    I got rid of the sigma 9 I bought for my wife because it was a well hated gun. Maybe the guys that like it love hard trigger pulls. I've never felt such a heavy trigger in my life. I think its set at about 24 pounds - and I'm not kidding. There was a mode for it that S&W was doing but they don't do it anymore. You'll have to go somewhere else to get it done unless you love busting blood vessels in your finger on the squeeze

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom