WTB/WTT Gun Safe--trades added

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Like the title says, I am looking to purchase a gun safe this week. I thought I would check here before I go buy a new one. Looking for a 24 gun or larger safe, 30 minute minimum fire rating, would prefer a name brand( cannon, Winchester, liberty, etc) but I am open to just about anything. I am willing to travel most places in Louisiana, south Mississippi, over to the Florida panhandle for the right deal. Pm me with details.

I would also be willing to trade towards a gun safe.

Willing to add a combination of the following and cash for the right safe.
    -tula.308400 rds
    -herters .308 400rds
    -case of federal 5.56. 1000 rds
    - herters .30 carbine. 1250 rds.
    - spikes tactical ar upper

Will not sell any of is stuff outright, please dont ask. I would only be willing to part with it for the right gun safe.

Last edited:

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    "Liberty Gun Safe"
    Discount Gun Safe
    2636 Old Brandon Road
    Pearl, MS 39208-4715
    (601) 939-8975

Good folks to deal with. A short drive but will save you money.
    Liberty Safe is one of the best around.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Check tractor supply's site to see if the winchester 24 gun is still on sale for $599. I have one of these and love it, and is quite a deal at $599.

Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    Like the title says, I am looking to purchase a gun safe this week. I thought I would check here before I go buy a new one. Looking for a 24 gun or larger safe, 30 minute minimum fire rating, notepad prefer a name brand( cannon, Winchester, liberty, etc) but I am open to just about anything. I am willing to travel most places in Louisiana, south Mississippi, over to the Florida panhandle for the right deal. Pm me with details.

If you really believe you need a 24 gun safe then buy a 50. You can thank me later.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    http://www.tractorsupply.com/safes/winchester-reg-gun-safe-24-gun-capacity-1043297

Website says that it is still $599, here is some specs just to give you an idea.

Fire Resistant to 30 minutes @ 1400° F
    UL listed electronic lock UL listed for Burglary,
    RSC & California DOJ Compliant
    Holds up to 24 long guns
    Palusol® door seal
    2 layers of 1/2 in. fireboard in door
    2 layers of 1/2 in. fireboard in body
    4-way active bolt work
    Twelve 1-1/4 in. dia. locking bolts
    Auxiliary relocker
    Drill resistant hard plate & chamberlain disc
    Door panel organizer
    5-spoke handle
    Convertible gray interior
    Durable granite gloss powder paint finish
    59 in. H x 30 in. W x 22 in.
    D Cubic capacity: 22.5 cu. ft.
    Weight: 507 lb.
    Limited lifetime warranty

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    If you really believe you need a 24 gun safe then buy a 50. You can thank me later.

Truth. The only way you will come close to fitting the specified # of guns is if you don't plan on storing anything else in the safe. Sure you have the space in the top, but the shelf will sag if you put anything that has some decent weight on it. Don't think you are going to store all your ammo at the top, and use the rest of the safe for guns, because this will not work.
    aefd6788-100d-cf6d.jpg

Last edited:

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Bump, Just saw that there was not enough interest for Richies to get a trailer full so I am back on the hunt for a new safe.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    this might go against the common thoughts on this but i would say don't buy bigger than a 24-28. if you need more room buy multiples. this is for a couple reasons first they are easier to handle. second they fit in more places. its easier to put 2 safes in 2 seperate closets than one big one. third if someone where to break in and were able to nock your safe down and pry it open whats the chances of them doing it to 2 safes versus one. so if a pro came in they would likely only get half of your collection versus the whole thing in one swoop. these are my thoughts on it just thought i would throw that out there for you.

also if you find you need more room check out rifle rods. they free up alot of space and make it MUCH easier to remove a gun in the back versus the racks that come in them. i made my own version of the rifle rods as i had all the materials to do it. its the same concept though and they work great. i went from not being able to fit another gun in my safe to having room for more. ive added 3 guns to my safe since adding the rods and i estimate i could fit another 5-6 scoped guns as of right now. also you don't have to take every gun out to get to that one in the back. you just remove 1-2 in front of it and grab the one in back. this is a couple of pictures before and after. again ive added 3 since the before.
    37eff9b4.jpg

6fe9fd8e.jpg

gotabyte

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Check out Faine's in Bogalusa. I found decent deals there and a very good selection of safe's. The place is not what you would expect in downtown Bogalusa. Here is their website: fanesafecompany.com

Andrew50300

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Uptown NO
    Academy has the Cannon 24 gun safes in stock for $599 + tax. A few weeks ago they had them $50 off online and when I went in the store they said they would match that. Of course when I went in to actually buy it a couple days later the online sale was over but if you keep an eye out it might pop up again.

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    this might go against the common thoughts on this but i would say don't buy bigger than a 24-28. if you need more room buy multiples. this is for a couple reasons first they are easier to handle. second they fit in more places. its easier to put 2 safes in 2 seperate closets than one big one. third if someone where to break in and were able to nock your safe down and pry it open whats the chances of them doing it to 2 safes versus one. so if a pro came in they would likely only get half of your collection versus the whole thing in one swoop. these are my thoughts on it just thought i would throw that out there for you.

also if you find you need more room check out rifle rods. they free up alot of space and make it MUCH easier to remove a gun in the back versus the racks that come in them. i made my own version of the rifle rods as i had all the materials to do it. its the same concept though and they work great. i went from not being able to fit another gun in my safe to having room for more. ive added 3 guns to my safe since adding the rods and i estimate i could fit another 5-6 scoped guns as of right now. also you don't have to take every gun out to get to that one in the back. you just remove 1-2 in front of it and grab the one in back. this is a couple of pictures before and after. again ive added 3 since the before.
    37eff9b4.jpg

6fe9fd8e.jpg

Let me guess which one is your favorite gun. :ninja:

wrecker704

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Hammond,La
    I just got my Winchester 24 gun gun safe from TS for father's day. It will not hold 24 guns but it is good for 30 min at 1400 degrees. I am looking at maybe doing the gun rods. TS has a good price on that safe.. I am happy w/it. I really feel like my guns are safer than they were in a gun cabinet.

CajunCanuck

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2012
    Kenner
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom