WTS 22 PPC Benchrest Rifle *No longer for sale*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    Up for sale today is a 22 PPC benchrest rifle built on a Rem 700 action. Here are the specs:

Action: Remington A prefix action that was blued. The action was polished above the line of the stock to give it a stainless steel look. I don’t know if any work has been done to the action but wouldn’t be surprised if there was as the barrel is setup with no recoil lug and the best way to do this is to square the face of the action. It has a single shot follower epoxied to the action.

Bolt: The bolt is a factory bolt with a Sako extractor so it can pull both PPC and 308 bolt face cartridges. The bolt face is pitted around the firing pin. I was going to send it to Gre-Tan Rifles to have the firing pin bushed but decided not to.

Trigger: The trigger is a Canjar BR trigger without safety or bolt release. There is a set screw that holds the bolt in the action on the right side.

Barrel
    : The barrel is a Heavy Varmint 22” stainless Hart 14 twist chambered in 22 PPC with a .248” neck. The muzzle diameter is ~0.9375”. Barrel has less than 300 rounds through it.

Stock: Don’t know manufacturer of the stock but it’s a very nice 3 layer laminated stock. The laminates consist of Maple and Walnut. The forend is 3” wide. The stock is pillar bedded and the action was bedded into the stock also. The action is not glued in.

Scope base and rings: Included is a one piece Leupold base and a set of 1” rings.

Reloading dies and brass
    : I have a FL sizing die, Wilson seating die, and Wilson neck sizing die that go with it. The Wilson sizing die is missing the decapping rod. To go with the dies is an arbor press to use with the Wilson dies. Have some brass that goes with it also (some already fireformed and neck turned and some new). The brass is all 220 Russian Lapua brass.

Price for everything is $1200 OBO. FTF in Prairieville/Gonzales area. If interested or have questions you can PM me here or email me at peterf225 at hotmail.com

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Par7485
    Top Bottom