WTS: WTS / WTT 1977 Trans Am

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaGuy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Walker, LA
    What we have here gentlemen is a running and driving 77 TA, NON T-top car....The good ones haha...
    Yes this is the year of Smokey & The Bandit.
    Yes the car is Black but with a silver Bird.
    I have had the car for the last 15 years and have gotten tired of it thus I'm building a 69 Mustang.
    The car is a running driving car, but if you want to drive it home I will need to bleed the brakes and install
    the new front caliper I have for the car...bleeder screw twisted off last time I bled the brakes.

The car has some rust, but as you can see from pics its a damn nice car for the year model, and would make an easy
    father & Son restoration.
    You wont find one in this kind of shape any where around here.
    The car really Is not a play toy to put a 16 year old kid in....however it could be easily slown down a bit.

Motor is supposed to be a Pontiac 400, but that went the way of the Buffalo. It was Blown when I got the car.

I replaced the 400 with a .030 over 455.

Motor includes the following internals.
    Xe 274 Hydraulic Cam, Stock Rods "Shot Peened, relieved and re-sized with All ARP bolts and TRW Forged Pistons with Total Seal Rings.
    Rhodes Hyd Lifters, Harland Sharp Full Roller Rockers with Poly Nuts to make it adjustable Valve train.

Heads are Steel 6x-8 Castings Ported by a Pontiac Porter in Michigan "And no just because you can port a set of Chevy heads doesn't mean you wont mess up a set of Pontiac heads" Heads are equipped with Ferrara Stainless one piece valves 2.02/1.60 with Hardened seats and Bronze Valve Guides. These heads yield an 8.5-1 Compression Ratio which is perfect for any pump gas.

Intake is a Torker 2 with a Holley HP 950 carb really needs a good cleaning from sitting, but it runs just fine as is.
    Ignition is a standard GM HEI that was set up on a Sun Machine by a Pontiac Builder and was curved to fit the specifics of the motor and what I wanted to use the car for. Also has an MSD 6BTM "Boost referenced box, Car had Twin Turbos at one time"

Transmission is a Built Turbo 350 with hardened Sprag, upgraded valve body and Kevlar Clutches etc..." Needs Pan gasket..leaks good."
    Torque converter is a Continental 12" Custom Unit...Cost about $850.00...stall speed is 2800....Drives like a normal car till you mash on it...Spray it with N20 or hit it with 2 turbos and it will flash to 2800 Rpm's, lock up on top end is around 90% which is really good.

Rear end is an 8.5" with Auburn Posi with 31 spline axles and a 3.23 gear...Will Leave 2 nice long black marks.
    Has Hooker Comp Headers with a blown manifold gasket...I will replace both sides if I get a buyer

Car has AC but needs to be reinstalled... Have new compressor, but was removed to fit the turbos in..."It actually had the compressor on it, but the heat was so bad it would have killed it"

Power steering and brakes with power windows all of which work...To be so old and needing a front suspension rebuild the car drives, rides and handles wonderfully.

In the Pictures the car has some Black Snow Flakes on the back, which don't go with the car "Loaner Slicks from a friend"...I have the matching rear tires to go with the front.

Car has seen Street and Track duty...Very low miles on the motor however.
    Tim Widdington "Tims Engines" built the motor and it has been running strong ever since.
    Doesn't smoke or use any oil except what it leaks.
    Tires are BFG's with 90% tread left on them.

All in all the car is extremely sound even tho it sounds like there are some little things wrong.

Car has run a best of 12.70 at 108 in the 1/4 mile and pulls a 1.74 60' on motor
    On a 125 Shot it will run 11.70's at 114mph and a 1.40 60' if I recall... I have a pic some where of it with the left fron tire about 1" off the ground lol.
    This is why I say this really isnt a kids toy...Not super fast but I would have killed myself in it in High School.

Car is located in Denham Springs and can be seen after I get off work at 5pm on week days and pretty much all day on weekends just call.

$5000.00 cash or would take a nice 1911 6" Long Slide "Night Hawk Custom, Les Baer, etc and Cash...
    I have clear title in hand.

I can be reached via text or call at 225-241-3278
    or Via email @
    jdorough@jcgllc.com

No tire kickers please, but yes I can take you for a ride so you can see how it runs if your a serious buyer, and you trust my driving.

I can probably deliver car if you purchase depending on the distance....no I wont bring it to Ruston with out compensation, but New Orleans isn't out of the question...Will need plate and inspection and insurance however....Pulled plate and stuff 2 years ago because I didn't drive it.

Thanks for Looking

LG

Attachments

• 20130826_204330.jpg
      20130826_204330.jpg
      224.2 KB · Views: 182
    • 20130826_204239.jpg
      20130826_204239.jpg
      228.4 KB · Views: 169
    • 20130826_204303.jpg
      20130826_204303.jpg
      242.5 KB · Views: 170

LouisianaGuy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Walker, LA
    Bumpty Bump.
    Will have all of the odds and ends repairs done this weekend and you can drive it home.
    Cash and Partial Trade for nice High end 1911.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom