WTT for good quality .380 JHPs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Revolvergeek

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Greetings all,

A friend of mine just picked up a new LCP and needs some ammo for it. My schedule is much more flexible than his, so I am posting it up for him to trade. Prefer to swap in the Baton Rouge / Denham Springs area, but can travel somewhat further for larger trades (i.e. don't want to drive to Lafayette, etc. to swap one box). He is looking for good quality high performance JHPs from the major manufacturers.

He has:
    - One 50 rnd box Winchester Ranger 9mmP 127 +P+
    - One 20 rnd box and one 14rnd box Federal .357 Mag 130 HydraShok Personal Defense
    - One 50 rnd box Federal .38 Spl +p+ 147 HydraShok
    - One 50 rnd box Speer .38 Spl 125 Gold Dot *standard velocity*

Thanks,
    Danny

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Cabelas now has the Buffalo Bore in 380 in stock. It's behind the counter near the used guns and you have to ask somebody to hand it to you. It's listed as +P on the box which I'd not seen in a 380 round before. It's a 90gr bullet and shows 1175fps and 267 ft/lbs.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have a box of 50 Monarch .94gr. JHP I will trade for 50 rounds of any of the above.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Cabelas now has the Buffalo Bore in 380 in stock. It's behind the counter near the used guns and you have to ask somebody to hand it to you. It's listed as +P on the box which I'd not seen in a 380 round before. It's a 90gr bullet and shows 1175fps and 267 ft/lbs.

There is NO SAMMI spec for 380+P; and Ruger says not to use this ammo in your LCP

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    There is NO SAMMI spec for 380+P.

Well, somebody needs to let these guys know. I'm no expert; just passing on what I read on the end of the box.

1m07w731603bczh64v2.jpg

Ruger says not to use this ammo in your LCP
    Also, at the risk of sounding like a smart-ass; if it doesn't exist, why would Ruger say not to use it? Maybe I misunderstood what you're saying. Educate me...

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    These are hot loads and received decent press, including in magazine tests of the LCP. The company is well known for high powered hunting ammo.

FWIW, there was some recent controversy on the net, including reviews on Cabelas.com, regarding the fact that they were claiming to be using Gold Dots but weren't.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Anyone can call there ammo +P, -P, or whatever they want to.I just stated that there is no SAMMI standard for 380+P; that means that the BB ammo is loaded hotter than standard pressure, but who knows what it is.
    You can read about it on - elsiepeaforum.com; Ruger LCP states use only SAMMI approved ammo; I think someone on that forum called Ruger and was advised not to use it

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    These are hot loads and received decent press, including in magazine tests of the LCP. The company is well known for high powered hunting ammo.

FWIW, there was some recent controversy on the net, including reviews on Cabelas.com, regarding the fact that they were claiming to be using Gold Dots but weren't.

Definitely not a Gold Dot bullet. It actually looks like the same projectiles on the Fiocchi 380 I have.

That headstamp with the stars and the line between them looks like what's on some CorBon 500 S&W I've got.

ah61owfm809z9kg6b3pj.jpg

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    As I remeber the story, eary on thay used to load the Speer Gold Dot bullet, but Speer quit selling it to them. They continued marketing the loaded ammo as a gold dot when it isn't anymore.
    I think they use STARLINE brass, hence the headstamp

Last edited:

Revolvergeek

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I have a box of 50 Monarch .94gr. JHP I will trade for 50 rounds of any of the above.

Thanks for the offer. I forwarded it to him and he is gonna pass on the Monarch. He was really hoping to get some Golden Sabers or Critical Defense.

There is NO SAMMI spec for 380+P; and Ruger says not to use this ammo in your LCP

Duly noted. He read up on them and is going to pass on them also. Seems like that would be awesome in a Beretta 84 or Makarov. :eek3:

Pm coming back at you.

ive got a box of cor-bon ill trade
    PM incoming.

Thanks,
    Danny

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Lorcin L-380 Handels the Buffalo AMMO LOL

This beauty handles the Buffalo Bore 24/7 with no problems.:mamoru:

LCP NOT??? What's up with that? LOL Just kidding.

Safety First whatever a person feels safe with!

IMG_0864.jpg

However; a good back up is pictured below:

IMG_0863.jpg

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom