WTT/WTS: PTR91 Paratrooper - Sold

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Still up for trade but now I have a project I'm going to do. Just ordered a G3 wood stock set. Going to take the long wood handguard and cut it down to fit this 16" barrel, stain it up nice and see what it looks like. I think it's going to look sweet!

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Listed on Gunbroker. Dropped price to $1300 OBO. Still for sale or trade here up till I get a bid.

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Man if you still have it in a week or so I may just have to buy it back. I had the thought of some stranger pawing at her

I can hear it in the safe now.......calling your name. :D

Didn't change up anything on her. Just bought a few more mags to add to the collection.

Last edited:

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Yeah I see your point. Thats where I bought the ones I had but dont think they were that cheap then. Well I guess I will keep an eye on things and let you know. Im waiting on some funds to clear and was thinking of getting something, at least with this I know what Im getting. I picked up a tantal the other day and Im just not happy with it, already have a trade lined up. that gun just seems to be made so much better than my AKs and such.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Wish my M1A mags were that cheap. I've paid $25 a piece for the ones I use.

I hear you. It really is a solid rifle. Even my AKs seem so flimsy compared to it. Let me know!

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I got bored this weekend and decided to work on a project. I had a jungle green G3 "slim" handguard (for the 18" barrel) laying around. It was too long for this rifle and the color was off anyway so I decided to do a little surgery and see if I could make it work. I had to cut about two inches out of the middle (because I needed the ends to make it fit with the groove at the receiver side and the muzzle side with the pin hole). So I cut the section out, used epoxy and superglue to join the ends back and to fill in the holes left and painted it flat black. What do you think?

a9a7jb0iykr82wu685jm.jpg

q4lwlsv19v85m4m89m22.jpg

upf0pmp849iozsy8xdx.jpg

Here is a close up of the "seam".

mrwhiybgxi5x87n35deq.jpg

I actually like the way it handles with the slimmer handguard. Feels more "natural" (to me at least). Oh, but it's still for sale/trade and I'll throw in the slim handguard for it as well.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom