XCR or SIG556 Swat Classic

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Myself I would pick the XCR as well if I had the extra cash flow, I think the Sig556 is totally over priced IMO, great weapon but in that price range there are better options.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    I would just get a better AR and call it a day.

Scrap the delton, get a Noveske/Larue etc. And spend the extra money on ammo.

sam4freedom

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Zachary
    I have an XCR and like it alot!! Mine has been 100% since I got it almost 2 yrs ago. I believe in the design and enjoyed supporting an American made firearm company. However (and it pains me to say this) buyer beware!! RA is been having some problems and I haven't seen much movement lately. They were having some QC problems some time ago but have done better recently with thier rifles but now the problem is customer service. It's really a shame because the rifle is fantastic but the company is small and has it's share of problems. I recently began to stock up on parts because I fear the same fate for my XCR as thier M96 rifle. There is almost no support for the M96 platform. Parts are hard to come by and getting them from the company is a problem. I've had to resort to buying my parts from vendors because orders from the company are slow at best. I would still recommend the XCR because I do believe in the design and mine has not been a problem. I just wanted you to be aware of my concerns.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    I also have a 556. I like it. Have zero problems from day one and it shoots everything I feed it. I like to tinker too much and the 556 is limited in options that I want so it will be in classifieds soon. Gonna pick up a Daniel Defense.

As for the XCR, it was going to be my next rifle until I browsed the XCR forums and found out about the customer service or lack of. Not to mention parts availability. Otherwise, I've read excellent reviews of the XCR. When they get their s*it under control, I will look into getting one in 7.62x39.

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Any of the "high end" ARs would suit you fine:

Colt 6920
    LWRCi
    LMT MRP CQB Gas Piston
    Noveske

Then there is the Bushmaster ACR which should be considered, too.

Just saying.

As for the handguns. Well,... have you looked closely at Springfield's XD? I think that you may be better served with Glock or M&P.

It is considered wise to have two of anything and while it may not be a necessity for all platforms I think it applies to handguns and carbines. Something else to consider.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Another note; I was considering the 7.62 in the XCR platform but I saw some videos where they were having a lot of problems with the 7.62 version of the XCR.

They had 30 malfunctions in 300 rounds om a YouTube video. I also dont care for the look of the high cap magazine for the 7.62 XCR.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    They had 30 malfunctions in 300 rounds om a YouTube video. I also dont care for the look of the high cap magazine for the 7.62 XCR.
    That guy had to send it back to manufacture three times over a period of 5 months before he got it to work without malfunctioning.:rofl:

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I will tell you what, I have read so many forums it is not funny. It is about 50/50 good and bad for each one. I guess it really all comes down to personal preference. I am thinking about going for the SIG556 and then later when I embezle more money (from the wife not my company) :dogkeke: I will get the XCR. I really like both platforms and also the differences. Who knows.....:confused:

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    I will tell you what, I have read so many forums it is not funny. It is about 50/50 good and bad for each one. I guess it really all comes down to personal preference. I am thinking about going for the SIG556 and then later when I embezle more money (from the wife not my company) :dogkeke: I will get the XCR. I really like both platforms and also the differences. Who knows.....:confused:

If half the people you hear about think something sucks, does it make sense to get it? Do you have a nice AR? If not, get one of those instead.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I would get a nice AR, as far as the hand guns, pic a cal and stick with it, I chose 40, sold everything else, now I'm down to a small number of guns, don't have a bunch of dif cals to keep up with and load, I can only shoot one at a time

Top Bottom