XDM or Glock?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    All this talk about issues with the LCI got me curious. I Googled it and it looks like it's more trouble than it's worth.

Now it's down to the two Glock models. Decisions, decisions...

The problem with trying to decide between the two is that I'll probably end up buying them both.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I don't think you'll notice much practical difference between shooting a G19 and G17. You'll notice a very big difference in trying to conceal them though.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    All this talk about issues with the LCI got me curious. I Googled it and it looks like it's more trouble than it's worth.

Now it's down to the two Glock models. Decisions, decisions...

The problem with trying to decide between the two is that I'll probably end up buying them both.

That's sort of what I ended up doing. I bought the 17 first for range and home defense now that I am going to get my concealed carry I bought the 19. Looking back now I could have just bought just the 19 and it would have have fit the bill for everything.

I'll never tell my wife that though now I get more guns using good excuses.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    That's sort of what I ended up doing. I bought the 17 first for range and home defense now that I am going to get my concealed carry I bought the 19. Looking back now I could have just bought just the 19 and it would have have fit the bill for everything.

I have the 23, same as the 19, it can do everything my 22 and 35 can do, but just lucky enough to have a bunch of glocks, lol but if it came down to it and have to have only one of my glocks outta all of them it would be the 23 (19 size) best of all worlds, long enough barrel to have fun at the range and short enough to conceal easly, and has the capacity I am comfortable with, I say go with the 19 now and you can always get a 26 or a 17 later, it would be bad to buy the 17 now get your permit and have to try to conceal the 17 untill you get funds for a smaller gun and get discouraged in concealed carry because of comfort or conceal ability bein stuck with a larger

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I got a reply form FITS in Slidell. They don't have the Glock 17 and 19 gen4 available for rent but do have a gen3 in each available. Would you guys agree that shooting the gen3 would give me an idea of how the gen4 models would handle?

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    The grip is smaller compared to the Gen 3 and they changed the recoil spring as well as the mag release. The frames should still be about the same size but I'm not sure if the above changes will make much of a difference when shooting them. I've never done a side by side comparison.

calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA

I'll never tell my wife that though now I get more guns using good excuses.

This is my situation as well. I have a Gen4 17 now but if I could only have 1, it would have been the 19 as it has a bit more versatility.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom