XDM platform

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxy684

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, LA
    I was thinking about purchasing my first handgun and a xdm looks pretty good. I was leaning towards 9mm just to plink with at the range. I was just wondering if any you guys have them and was wanting some input as to if you like them or not. I found some on gunbroker for $499.99 in the 4.5" barrel but I really wanted the 3.8". Is there anywhere else that has a better deal on them??? Let me know what y'all think.

Thanks Mike

dwhess504

Broke Joke
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Ponchatoula, La
    I have the full size XDM in 9mm. I got it on sale at academy for $629
    which seemed to be a decent price.

I havent owned many handguns maybe 3 or 4 and this is just awesome. I put all kinds of ammo through it from the cheap steel, alumn, etc and not a single Failure. I love the trigger pull so Light. all the accessories are cool and the case is nice as well.

I wouldnt use the holster it comes with though seems it will scratch the finish.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    I have an XDm 9mm and .40cal, both full size. Great guns. I have about 800 rounds through the 9 and about 500 through the 40, both have never malfunctioned in any way and show very little ware. I LOVE them! I got mine for $580 out the door after tax and background check... and they threw in 2 20round boxes of hornady ammo :)... Slidell arms. Mrs. Kim is who I delt with. I dont think she is there anymore tho :(

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    I have a 9mm sub compact. Love it.

Best pricing I found was from one of the sponsors of this site. Check with our sponsors before you buy. I did and it paid off.

thesamunit

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    If youre buying new, try Tombstone Tactical or Vance Outdoors. Both have killer prices ($549 for new Xdm 3.8 black, 9 and 40). If you want the sub compact, call united pawn in Arkansas. Ask for jimmy. He'll sell you one for $509.

thesamunit

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Just checked for you, United Pawn has the best prices, hands down. $519, shipped to your FFL. NO ONE locally is willing to beat that price. Go for it!

buddy_fuentes

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Maurepas, LA (Diversion Canal)
    If you are buying to shoot at the range and to plink...consider a longer barrel. A longer barrel give you a longer sight radius and helps with your accuracy. If you are going for a conceal carry gun on the belt the longer gun won't bother you, but if you carry inside the waist band...shorter barrel.

Good Luck

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I love my XDM .40 Bi-Tone Flawless however it is a FULL Size Pistol

I'm probably going to be picking up the Sub compact 3.8 Version w/ Mag extender.

IT IS AWESOME! Just need to OWN one :D

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Excellent firearm. I bought a XDM 9mm for my dad and he loves it. I have an XD 45 compact for the car and really like it. I own a Glock 34 and prefer dads XDM to it. Not saying it's better than the 34. I just prefer the ergonomics of the XDM. You will be happy with the XDM.

Top Bottom