XDS Safety Recall Update.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    ATTENTION

3.3 XD-S™ SAFETY RECALL

Issued August 28, 2013
    Technical Background Get Started Contact Us Springfield-Armory.com
    Springfield Armory® is initiating this voluntary safety recall to upgrade 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols with new components, which eliminate the possibility of a potentially dangerous condition. We want to emphasize that no injuries have been reported to date.

Springfield has determined that under exceptionally rare circumstances, some 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and .45ACP caliber pistols could experience an unintended discharge during the loading process when the slide is released, or could experience a double-fire when the trigger is pulled once. The chance of these conditions existing is exceptionally rare, but if they happen, serious injury or death could occur.

What should you do?
    STOP USING YOUR 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm or .45ACP PISTOL AND CAREFULLY UNLOAD IT!

To begin the upgrade process and for fastest response, click on the Get Started link at the top of the page. On that page enter your serial number and click Next. If your pistol is subject to this recall, you will need to provide your name, address, phone number, and email address. The serial number is located on the frame beneath the dust cover (accessory rail). If you prefer, you may initiate the upgrade process by calling 800-680-6866. If you no longer own the 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm or .45ACP pistol, please advise Springfield of the current owner.

XD-S Serial Number

What pistols are involved?
    This Safety Recall applies only to:
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300.

This Safety Recall does not apply to any XD® or XD(M)® pistols.

Last edited:

JayKay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Damn, mine is in the recall range also.

Thanks for posting, JBP55. If I hadn't seen it here, I might not have known for a long time.

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Mine has been at the Mother ship 32 days now. I like the XDs a lot, so I guess I'll just wait till they figure out a fix.

Sent from my Droid RAZR using my trigger finger!

SicilianSecrets

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge/New Orleans, LA
    I feel like a dumbass now. I was completely incorrect. I was under the impression the recall was for something different.... Damn. My gun is now registered for the recall and will begin the tedious process. I'm dissapointed in Springfield to say the least....

Gatorjak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Well, mines been gone a month now. That's longer than I had it in my possession. No complaint. I am glad they handled the issue like they did. It was a dangerous issue. Can't wait to get it back.

I'm curious how many have been sent back.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom