Yeah, we do Open guns too!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreedomGunworks

"Fearless"
    Sep 28, 2010
    Camilla, GA
    This is FGW 01. It's a 5" Open gun I built for Susan. The gun is chambered in 9Major and utilizes a Trubor barrel I had on hand With an STI frame and slide. I tri-topped the slide and comp all as 1 unit to keep the lines of the gun flowing. We used the STI aluminum grip with our steel bed texturing, C-More click with 6MOA dot, G&B slide racker, SVI ITS with short flat insert, and a Quinn II 90* mount. We had planned to use a CCG on this one since her other guns have had Quinn's but when the color changed to being a mat silver color we decided to use a Quinn since that color was available in that mount. All work performed here at FGW of course and the engraving on the side says "Kryptonite". It then went to Daniel Hidalgo of PLATE-TACULAR, LLC for his Cobalt plating. This gun was shooting less than 1" groups when we zeroed the C-More at 20 yards using the MG 124gr CMJ bullets.

DSC_0563.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

DSC_0568.jpg

DSC_0569.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

dmh

Jan 4, 2009
    That gun is one sexy beast if I do say so myself. I think the blasted finish works really well with the grip color, good idea Bobby.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    I don't need another STI, I don't need another STI, I don't need another STI, I don't need another STI, I don't need another STI.......

FreedomGunworks

"Fearless"
    Sep 28, 2010
    Camilla, GA
    That gun is one sexy beast if I do say so myself. I think the blasted finish works really well with the grip color, good idea Bobby.

Daniel, you did a fan-ferking-tastic job on the finish. Props go to you my man!

Why do you call it an "open" gun?

Open Division USPSA, because it features a compensator and a red dot optic.

I don't need another STI, I don't need another STI, I don't need another STI, I don't need another STI, I don't need another STI.......

Like hell! You need a 4" pocket pistol, a 5" Open gun, and a 6" Limited gun! What colors you want me to paint the grips?

dmh

Jan 4, 2009
    I think Scooter will be here tomorrow when mine shows up. I'm sure he can "hide" another gun in his new house.:rofl:

FreedomGunworks

"Fearless"
    Sep 28, 2010
    Camilla, GA
    A single stack 9mm or 38super may be next on the list.

Why not a single stack .40? You can load it with 10 rounds of minor ammo and shoot single stack minor. With Tripp mags it will fit the box. There again, if you wanted to shoot major, just put 8 rounds of major 40 in there. Wait until you see the square trigger guard single stack .40 I am building!!!

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Why not a single stack .40? You can load it with 10 rounds of minor ammo and shoot single stack minor. With Tripp mags it will fit the box. There again, if you wanted to shoot major, just put 8 rounds of major 40 in there. Wait until you see the square trigger guard single stack .40 I am building!!!

See the reply from the smart arse in post 8. Daniel and I had a somewhat lengthy discussion on this subject just a couple weeks ago.

FreedomGunworks

"Fearless"
    Sep 28, 2010
    Camilla, GA
    I've got a job coming up for a customer in Louisiana that you might like. He's going to get a 38Super tote around pistol. He decided to go hi-cap, and we're going to melt in 1 of the C-More STS sights into the slide. Commander length gun with a comp. Should be the perfect little steel gun.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Thinking about a "Dual Sport" pistol, USPSA S/S or L-10 and Bianchi Cup type Iron Sight. Would like it to be "lite" and fast handling and, of course, dead nuts accurate.

dmh

Jan 4, 2009
    Well then what's coming here soon is what you need. The "other gun" to be done soon will be plated so I have one of each flavor, in 38 super of course...

Just have it done on a single stack frame.

FreedomGunworks

"Fearless"
    Sep 28, 2010
    Camilla, GA
    Susan let me try out her new gun last weekend at one of the local matches. This stage was set up as a carbine stage but we shot it with pistols. The 20 yard balloons were challenging considering the "wind dance" they were doing. The gun shoots REALLY flat, especially considering the ammo is 180pf.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGaEhgykRh0[/ame]

Top Bottom