YES, The VATA Boys are Back!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smoker

La. POST Firearms Inst.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    Gretna, La
    Just arrived home from a great day of training!!! :) I was one of 10 students who attended the Tactical Pistol 1 course. The students consisted of Military, Law enforcement as well as civilians. The course content and pace was excellent, it was a follow up to their Intro. to Tactical Pistol.

After insuring the fundementals & reveiwing reloads and malfuntions the course went into "High Speed". Shooting on the Move; Run, Stop & Shoot; Laterial Shooting; Prone (Shoot on your side) Shooting under cover and much more than I can remember at this time.

The bottom line is: if you truely want to test your skill or if you just want to improve your chances of surviving a deadly encounter, Greg & Destin will exceed your expectations.

The VATA Boys is the real thing!!!!

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I was there yesterday also. Again, another top notch class. Worked my ass off. My old/out of shape butt has sore muscles that I forgot I even had! :hs: Greg and Destin are GTG for sure! We really are lucky to have such a quality facility so close (at CRAZY reasonable $$), and after hearing them talk about the upcoming new range improvements and new classes, it's only going to keep getting better.:boink:

zonblitz

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Slidell LA
    I too attended yesterday and all of the above is correct. The training and drills inject real life situations to shooting. Meaning at most ranges including Law enforcement training classes much of the shooting is from standard positions and while stationary. Moving, having to aquire targets and hit what you're aiming at are realistic type scenarios and it's a reality check to see what it does to accuracy.

One thing that always impresses me is the patience that Greg and Destin have. They are excellent instuctors.

The final 'contest' at the end was a blast. If you haven't made it to a class yet, put it on your calendar. All you need to schedule is one, once you go, you will be back!

Was good to see some familiar faces and some new ones.

Urban prone rocks.

zonblitz

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Slidell LA
    Yes Joel. we had straws, you really could have come. I know technically you could use all the beauty rest you can come across, but you could have made an exception.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Where's my brass bitch?! :D
    I had it at the class. Where were you??? Seriously, I forgot it sitting on my bench. If it makes you feel any better, i did casually glance in the general direction of your apt as i cruised by on autopilot. ;)

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    To anyone who has taken INTRO TO TACTICAL PISTOL. How would this class work out for a novice who has little knowledge of firearms. I was looking for a basic class for my fiance to take. She has little knowledge of guns and has not handled guns much at all. Would this class be it?

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    To anyone who has taken INTRO TO TACTICAL PISTOL. How would this class work out for a novice who has little knowledge of firearms. I was looking for a basic class for my fiance to take. She has little knowledge of guns and has not handled guns much at all. Would this class be it?
    IMO, yes. When I took the intro ,if I'm not mistaken, there was a guy with a brand new gun and was just learning how to run it. The Intro course is the perfect starter for the complete novice.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    IMO, yes. When I took the intro ,if I'm not mistaken, there was a guy with a brand new gun and was just learning how to run it. The Intro course is the perfect starter for the complete novice.

Good to hear, looks like I may be taking it with her the next time they have it.

zonblitz

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Slidell LA

Absolutely. They will spend time with her early and get her started. To be honest she'll be ahead of most of us who have to unlearn years of bad habits.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    WICHES, I will be present at the next one, last minute stuff ended up canceling what I had to do an was stuck doing nothing, if I would have had all the ammo I would have headed that way.

Glad y'all had fun while I was cutting grass hehe

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    WICHES, I will be present at the next one, last minute stuff ended up canceling what I had to do an was stuck doing nothing, if I would have had all the ammo I would have headed that way.
    Glad y'all had fun while I was cutting grass hehe

You should have said something. I usually have an extra 1000 rounds of each caliber with me.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I was kidding about "each caliber", but I did have an extra 3k of .40, and probably 500 of 9mm. I bet I'd get better gas mileage if I cleaned out the Tahoe now and then.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I was kidding about "each caliber", but I did have an extra 3k of .40, and probably 500 of 9mm. I bet I'd get better gas mileage if I cleaned out the Tahoe now and then.
    <reads screen-name>
    Ahhh, was that you next to me all day with the P239?? We really need a secret BS handshake or something!:mamoru: I thought Kenny and I were the only two BS'rs there.:D

Top Bottom