Yes, Timmy...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Hell I want the government to accuse me of mailing Anthrax to people did you see what he just got?

department officials said Steven Hatfill will receive a one-time payment of $2.825 million and a $150,000 annuity

J

jayd

Really? I'm a lib and I'm not a commie. I just love how you can generalize people. I guess when I was deployed for almost 4 years straight with the Corps I was really pushing the communist agenda. Tsk, tsk.

Not calling YOU a Lib/commie Penguin
    You sir an enigma,
    a gun luv'n ACLU and Democrat supporter :confused:

Reminds me of Clayton Bigsby
    Black Klansman :rofl:
    http://www.metacafe.com/w/291638

Thank you for your service in the Corp Penguin !

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    So, the members of the military - who have volunteered to serve their country with the possibility of death - to protect the freedoms for which we in the Military are routinely denied are an UNFORTUNATE STATISTIC because of what they believe in? That is one of the most offensive things I have ever heard. I don't see you signing any contract to defend our nation. I don't see you living in hellish places, being displaced from your family and enduring hardships no one but fellow brothers in arms can claim to know. It's not an 'unfortunate statistical necessity'. It isn't a 'necessity' for one to believe in something that is counter to what you believe in so you can make such an egregious claim. It is pompous attitudes like that that prove it is easier to bitch and moan than it is to actually do something. Prove me wrong. Go down to your local recruiter. Tell them you would like to serve because it's a statistical necessity. We all joined for different reasons and yes, we are a microcosm of society so there will be members that are of different political affiliations. But to be so outlandish to discount our service as 'unfortunate' is unpatriotic. For someone who claims to be such, your statement above shows your true colors. Even those who have vowed to defend YOUR freedoms are just a side note because their political beliefs aren't lock-step with yours. Take off that ***** MCJROTC uniform and join to prove me otherwise.

And yes, this is an emotional post. I respect your different opinion, but to claim that we are oh-so-unfortunate is akin to saying that our service has no meaning. To that, I am truly saddened and hope you can one day understand what patriotism really is.

Oh man.

I think you somehow put the unfortunate part on the wrong thing.

I'm saying that because there are so many folks in the military, it's a fact that many would be members of the ACLU.

Just like murderers, drug dealers, gang members, and so on. . . because the military is so large, it's an "unfortunate statistical necessity" that many members of the military be criminals. Or whatever. I'm sure that there are plenty of McDonald's workers now in the military, or many folks in the military who are also physicians, and many that are in the NRA. I'm sure there are many folks in the military, out of "statistical necessity," that like to go bowling on a regular basis.

I'm not going to get upset with you since I think you accidentally got me all wrong. But in case you accurately got what I was saying, I guess I'm just terribly closed-minded for thinking that because the military is so big, it's just a fact that many will be in the ACLU.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    And just because someone is in the military does not necessarily make him a good person. I am very thankful for the service of our nation's volunteer military, but I'm not going to worship every fellow in the USAF or USMC. Same goes for doctors, priests, teachers, and so on. . . I am extremely thankful for their service but they're not untouchable human beings simply because of what they do.

And for the record, I signed up for NROTC but the Navy didn't want me. They also didn't want my friend who ended up going to the USMA. So I moved on with my life and put my military aspirations aside.

But I think the whole thing right here is a bit overblown. I suppose it's difficult to guage complete meaning over short words over the internet with no expression and little context. Anywho. . . .

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Not calling YOU a Lib/commie Penguin
    You sir an enigma,
    a gun luv'n ACLU and Democrat supporter :confused:

Reminds me of Clayton Bigsby
    Black Klansman :rofl:
    http://www.metacafe.com/w/291638

Thank you for your service in the Corp Penguin !

Why a Black Klansman got to be an e"NIG"ma?

Rodney King got me a free SKS & some ammo.

Basically I didn't read any post in detail & just skimmed

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    The ACLU's stated positions on the 2A, both pre- and post-Heller, are some of the most openly blatant antigun crap I've ever seen, and utterly frightening. All they talk about is regulation, reinterpretation, and collectivity of a GOD-GIVEN right, one which many of the Founders felt was THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT! They are crying in their f*cking lattes over this! From a group that supposedly fights for ALL our Constitutional rights :rofl: that 2A commentary is a shining example of antigun libspeak, and incredibly revealing. (And further supported by their Commie founder's goal of disarmament.) Even our favorite Marxist ObamaSama's recent hypocritical remarks on Heller were more cleverly deceiving, and that ain't saying much, because his prior on-record statements supporting the DC ban were soon pointed out.
    Any doubt (and there was VERY little) about what scum the ACLU truly are has been forever removed by their Heller statements.

The ACLU manages to find one or two occasions every decade that allow them to claim they fight for EVERYBODY's rights......like defending the Klan's right to free speech.

But on the whole the ACLU is a bunch of flaming liberal a$$holes. This country would be FAR better off if the entire membership of the ACLU were packed off to Cuba to till the sugar cane fields.

If this post offends anyone, feel free to contact the ACLU.

WELL-SAID! Besides working in Fidel's paradise of a country, we could always keep some of them here and put a bounty on them. Good for real-tissue ballistics testing too. After all, with the Heller decision, SCOTUS has "reinterpreted the 2A" so I'm sure that soon "the streets of America will be running red with blood" anyway as we "return to the days of the Wild West." :rofl:

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Let's not forget, an armed society is a polite society. I haven't done the research, but I read somewhere that there was actually very little violence in the old West.

Personally, I'd like to see the ACLU be forced to live up to what they preach. Make them spend their money fighting for 2A rights... I'm sure with the new interpretation there are plenty of gun restrictions that need to be tested again.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Personally I'm not too worried about the ACLU messing with me.

They are far too busy trying to outlaw nativity scenes and fighting for the rights of sickos to use the animals from those nativity scenes as sex partners.

Oops ..........another generality. I hate me when I do that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tdwarner
    Top Bottom