You are a sickness that needs cleansing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    "People who own guns are essentially a "sickness on our souls" that must be "cleansed. ... Cleansing a sickness from our souls doesn't come easy. It's gruesome..." - John Morse, Colorado Democratic Legislator

This makes me wonder...what, exactly, are the ramifications of people thinking these thoughts? Now, Morse is a former police officer, and it sounds like he was probably a very "US vs. YOU!" type based on his above quote, as I am sure that he felt a right to arm himself in the line of dealing with the public, but now expresses that the law abiding public who chooses to do the same, is a disease--a sickness.

Anyway, all that aside, it's very thought provoking. We look through history and can see people like Hitler saying similar things about certain groups of people, and while the reactionaries see FEMA coffins instead of septic tanks, and the anti-tin-foil crowd would like to forget that the National Guard went door to door in New Orleans taking weapons from citizens at gunpoint after breaking into their homes, what side of the line does reality fall on? Is that line moving? Could we literally end up in a civil war?

People like Yeager seem to think so, others think not.

My personal stance is that my home will not be robbed. I am not religious, but simply to place this in context, since the good senator references "the soul", the Christian Bible also mentions theft, in Matthew, Chapter 12.

At any rate, it does seem like we are marching more and more toward some sort of civil catharsis.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I certainly hope not but....

I'm content owning what I own. I leave them alone about it, they leave me alone about it. Alas, they dont seem content with that arrangement.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I certainly hope not but....

I'm content owning what I own. I leave them alone about it, they leave me alone about it. Alas, they dont seem content with that arrangement.

This is correct. In New York, one of my friends has 1 year as of a few months ago, as I understand it, to liquidate many items that he owns, or he will be in violation of the law of his land.

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    "People who own guns are essentially a "sickness on our souls" that must be "cleansed. ... Cleansing a sickness from our souls doesn't come easy. It's gruesome..." - John Morse, Colorado Democratic Legislator

This makes me wonder...what, exactly, are the ramifications of people thinking these thoughts? Now, Morse is a former police officer, and it sounds like he was probably a very "US vs. YOU!" type based on his above quote, as I am sure that he felt a right to arm himself in the line of dealing with the public, but now expresses that the law abiding public who chooses to do the same, is a disease--a sickness.

Anyway, all that aside, it's very thought provoking. We look through history and can see people like Hitler saying similar things about certain groups of people, and while the reactionaries see FEMA coffins instead of septic tanks, and the anti-tin-foil crowd would like to forget that the National Guard went door to door in New Orleans taking weapons from citizens at gunpoint after breaking into their homes, what side of the line does reality fall on? Is that line moving? Could we literally end up in a civil war?

People like Yeager seem to think so, others think not.

My personal stance is that my home will not be robbed. I am not religious, but simply to place this in context, since the good senator references "the soul", the Christian Bible also mentions theft, in Matthew, Chapter 12.

At any rate, it does seem like we are marching more and more toward some sort of civil catharsis.

2 thoughts about this topic:

#1. Bracken's Trilogy, "Enemies: Foreign and Domestic," is becoming more and more prophetic. He's the 2A-version of Tom Clancy in case you didn't know....

#2. This reminds me of why I didn't return to Colorado after I left Active Duty. (I'm a natural-born Coloradoan who chose to live in Louisiana for various reasons). Those earthquakes during the 90s sure brought a flood of Californians, which later destroyed a once-Conservative State.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    2 thoughts about this topic:

#1. Bracken's Trilogy, "Enemies: Foreign and Domestic," is becoming more and more prophetic. He's the 2A-version of Tom Clancy in case you didn't know....

#2. This reminds me of why I didn't return to Colorado after I left Active Duty. (I'm a natural-born Coloradoan who chose to live in Louisiana for various reasons). Those earthquakes during the 90s sure brought a flood of Californians, which later destroyed a once-Conservative State.

I'm leaving at the end of this year, and scratched CO off my list after learning of how anti 2A the state had become. This was before Aurora, etc.

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    I'm leaving at the end of this year, and scratched CO off my list after learning of how anti 2A the state had become. This was before Aurora, etc.
    Wyoming, North Dakota, and Idaho for me. That's tops on my "Free State"-list. So Red that it bleeds Ronald Reagan... I told my wife that that's where we're going once I finish up this 2nd pension. Get me a ranch up there and hunker down on 20-40 acres.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Wyoming, North Dakota, and Idaho for me. That's tops on my "Free State"-list. So Red that it bleeds Ronald Reagan... I told my wife that that's where we're going once I finish up this 2nd pension. Get me a ranch up there and hunker down on 20-40 acres.

I'm headed to Fayetteville, AR area. Those places you listed get a bit cold for me. I don't know what land there is like/costs, but where I am headed, it is $1500-ish an acre and I plan to buy next year, put a house on it in another year, and make a career at one of the hospitals in that area. They are very nice. Much nicer than the facility I am at currently, but I legitimately love what I do and where I work now, so that's kindof the downside of it. I will miss my work and co-workers. I am sure my new one's will be cool, but they won't replace the people I'm working with, now.

Hopefully I can get a 100M x 75M range setup and maybe at some point see about acting as a host for some courses (Facility host, not instructor, lol) Even if not, I will certainly enjoy having my own range.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Hey Morse- here's a short code for you, buddy:

middle_finger.gif

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    I'm headed to Fayetteville, AR area. Those places you listed get a bit cold for me. I don't know what land there is like/costs, but where I am headed, it is $1500-ish an acre and I plan to buy next year, put a house on it in another year, and make a career at one of the hospitals in that area. They are very nice. Much nicer than the facility I am at currently, but I legitimately love what I do and where I work now, so that's kindof the downside of it. I will miss my work and co-workers. I am sure my new one's will be cool, but they won't replace the people I'm working with, now.

Hopefully I can get a 100M x 75M range setup and maybe at some point see about acting as a host for some courses (Facility host, not instructor, lol) Even if not, I will certainly enjoy having my own range.

Funny that you mention prices.... $1K per acre in Wyoming is about average.

Arkansas gets cold too now! lol Anywhere north of Hope and you definitely see 4 seasons!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I do not think we will see an all out Civil War again.

Maybe that's just my over optimism shinning through but i just don't see it happening.

How could it? Those who hate guns? against those who have all of them?

Us vs the Military is a non-issue.

So who would the Civil War be fought against?

Now if this encroachment of our basic Civil Rights keeps happening, it seems as if we might see some sort of coup if things keep going the way they are.

But an all out street fight against …. Against who? Doesn’t even make sense.

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    :curse: Rant on.......

Why don't these jackwagons just take New York, California, and I guess even Colorado now. Let's just give those states to them (them being the anti-gun jackasses) so they could bask in their "gun free zone" utopia smoking pot, aborting children, and singing kumbaya, where they would have no violence of any kind and their government could take care of them all and keep them safe.
    But let's face it, hell, even that wouldn't be good enough for them, because, you see, the problem is that they don't mind actually having guns, they just don't want the rest of us to have them.

Rant off....

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Ok I try to stay away from certain comments however, when did the National Guard break into individuals homes and take away weapons from individuals at gun point? I know Im not privy to everything but who here actually had a gun to their face and was relieved of their firearms under threat of deadly force while they were in their home?

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker

Sorry not buying someones book of what could be bs so they can make money. Im saying who has first hand knowledge of "this happened to me". Not I heard or my cousins neighbors boss boyfriend. I know some laws were violated and I saw first hand some things that were uncalled for. That does not mean that i buy into every horror story I hear. Did we take guns from peoplr entering the dome and evacuees yes but I do not know of one factual story of breaking into s home and taking guns from a person who lived there

Top Bottom