You are a sickness that needs cleansing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    I guess if you're "not buying it" because someone you don't KNOW told the story, you're really limiting your sources. I was there, in New Orleans, for Katrina, for 10 days. I saw ... all kinds of horrible stuff. Believe it, it happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLm5kkBgKSM

Yeah I can see that and if someone on here said it happened to me I wouldnt know them either. I also know how people talk and Im not saying its not possible. I guess I just dont want to believe a LAARNG Soldier would do that. There were units from other states and active duty units there also. I know there are plenty on here that will chastise me for taking guns off of people before they entered the dome but it is what it is and I dont have an issue with stating facts. Anyone who was there during that time frame likely witnessed something at one time or another. I was in the dome prior to and left after it was cleared and then moved on to the convention center and other areas. None of it was good. Im just tired of reading about it. How come no one can say it happened to me?

Last edited:

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Last edited:

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    The post above shows video of the old woman having that happen.Also they were shooting at each other in the dome so you dident get all of them from them.

Yeah but it also says she was being forced to evacuate. Should she be allowed to carry her firearm while being evacuated? She also said that she was talking to officers or whoever when they noticed the firearm in her hand. That always goes over well right? There are a couple other stories on there that i would question their confiscations. I never said we got them all. We were doing searches of persons and property as they entered. When the levees broke again and water started coming in we obviously had to just get people in. Thats when things went to crap, what wasnt already. The only shots I know of in the dome where when a soldier and a citzen were fighting over his weapon and it went off and the soldier got shot in the leg. I do not recall anything other than that. I drew on someone but didnt fire and dont regret it. Not to say it didnt happen but thats what I know

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Yeah but it also says she was being forced to evacuate.
    So...

As long as the government is forcing you at gunpoint to leave your property, it's okay if they take your firearms, too. It's only not okay if they aren't forcefully evicting you from your legally owned/paid up on dwelling. Homeless and defenseless is okay. You only deserve to protect yourself if you're in your house---but not from the government, mind you.

Serious!?

Also, further information:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tta1qhQZWSE

Yes, they DID allow some people to stand AND took their weapons from them.

My point being, yes, in Louisiana, they were The People vs. The Government. In that state, they were indeed in a "disarmament by force" situation. Of further note, they all went down in flexicuffs without firing a shot. Something to think about when the Yeagers of this world start talking about their big plans for resistance. Will you defend yourself? Will they? Dunno, but think about it. No-one in Louisiana did.

Last edited:

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Holy ****! Are you serious? Of course she should be allowed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Yes I am and why? Should those people have been allowed to leave their possessions in their home, yes. Should they have evacuated prior to being forced to leave, yes. If for whatever reason you stayed by choice or otherwise and then you are being picked up and carried to a shelter in or out of state then no you should not expect to go armed.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Yes I am and why? Should those people have been allowed to leave their possessions in their home, yes. Should they have evacuated prior to being forced to leave, yes. If for whatever reason you stayed by choice or otherwise and then you are being picked up and carried to a shelter in or out of state then no you should not expect to go armed.

Well you sort of have to play by the HELPERS Rules, I see the point in that.

However why is it, that even from us here in LA. Why is it that we continue to say that people refused to evacuate?

Not everyone REFUSED. The simple fact of the matter was that HAD THE LEVEE NOT BROKEN, it would have just been another rough Hurricane. The same kind of Hurricane's seen in that part of the state for hundreds of years. It wasn't the Hurricane, in so much as the levee. NO ONE could foresee the levee breaking, thus no one could take that into calculation on whether or not to evacuate.

Is this not correct? to be honest I was in Fallujah or headed back when this happen, but I've obviously talked to many folks when I got back about Katrina and THAT seemed to **** a lot of people off. Everyone saying that they REFUSED to evacuate and saying it like they KNEW the Levee was going to break.

Just wondering :dunno:

Last edited:

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    I do not think we will see an all out Civil War again.

Maybe that's just my over optimism shinning through but i just don't see it happening.

How could it? Those who hate guns? against those who have all of them?

Us vs the Military is a non-issue.

So who would the Civil War be fought against?

Now if this encroachment of our basic Civil Rights keeps happening, it seems as if we might see some sort of coup if things keep going the way they are.

But an all out street fight against …. Against who? Doesn’t even make sense.
    Interesting thing about Bracken's hypothesis/plot in, "Enemies Foreign and Domestic": It wouldn't necessarily be war between the military and the civilian populace. The antagonist are only those agencies directly affected by Executive Branch appointment: Every government agency with an alphabet name and the upper echelons of the Pentagon. Seriously. I know that everyone on this board is very much aware of how unlikely a Rawles-'ala "Patriots"-scenario would be... But Brackens hit it on the head back in 2003 with the beginning of this trilogy. It's uncanny.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So the elderly woman who was forced to leave her home- the one that got tackled by the height-challenged officer from California- does anyone know if her home ever actually flooded?

Sure doesn't look like it did.

Last edited:

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Well you sort of have to play by the HELPERS Rules, I see the point in that.

However why is it, that even from us here in LA. Why is it that we continue to say that people refused to evacuate?

Not everyone REFUSED. The simple fact of the matter was that HAD THE LEVEE NOT BROKEN, it would have just been another rough Hurricane. The same kind of Hurricane's seen in that part of the state for hundreds of years. It wasn't the Hurricane, in so much as the levee. NO ONE could foresee the levee breaking, thus no one could take that into calculation on whether or not to evacuate.

Is this not correct? to be honest I was in Fallujah or headed back when this happen, but I've obviously talked to many folks when I got back about Katrina and THAT seemed to **** a lot of people off. Everyone saying that they REFUSED to evacuate and saying it like they KNEW the Levee was going to break.

Just wondering :dunno:

Well, I tried to capture that in my comment. I understand that there were those who simply could not leave but as you said there are those who just didnt and a lot of them were everyday law abiding people. Then there are those who stayed behind just to cash in. We apprehended a Marine from out of state because he came here just to loot. We caught him in the act and we confiscated his Springfield M14 (I actually think he got it back because it was in my vault). I am fuzzy on all the details and could easily be proven wrong but from what I recall no one really took the storm seriously until almost the very end including federal agencies. I do think at some point there was a mandatory evacuation and people just did not go and I understand that and may have done the same but you have to see that that adds to the problem in this situation. Now from a first responder stand point you are having to remove all of those people and many of them still do not want to go. Everyone knows it was total chaos and there were many volunteer agencies coming to NOLA just for the experience and running cowboy doing who knows what. All the law enforcement I saw wasnt even dealing with evacuees I think the guard had that role for the most part. So at some point we get into all the criminal activity such as looting, rape, and murder. There was a curphew in place and no one was supposed to be out and about for any reason. Firemen were being shot at, a helicopter was shot at while trying to rescue people from a roof, we had soldiers under fire at a power plant. All this I know of first hand, I saw two fireman on a hose with two more standing guard with shotguns so yeah things were crazy. If you caught someone committing criminal acts you didnt even have anything to do with them. NOLA PD and LSP sure wouldnt take them of your hands for a while. There are still bullet holes in the police building where those guys returned fire from the roof. The point is how do you attempt to control the situation without pulling everyone out? Maybe its just me and I do not expect to win here but I can see both sides to a point but every situation is different. If yall cant see that then all I can tell you is dont stay behind, dont go to a shelter, and dont be out and about armed.

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    I do not know about that but there were areas that did not flood that were still under mandatory evacuation for whatever reason.

So the elderly woman who was forced to leave her home- the one that got tackled by the height-challenged officer from California- does anyone know if her home ever actually flooded?

Sure doesn't look like it did.

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    No idea about who Brakens is. Looked up his name and read this > http://www.enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/excerpt1.htm

O...M...G.... Was that written in 2002? That is some creepy stuff man :eek3:
    Yeah. It was written in 2002. Oh, that's nothing.... The blue book was written in 2009. He's the Tom Clancy of 2A. I swear to God that I had chills reading his trilogy. It has profoundly changed my point of view about the U.S. Government.

I'm both furious and heartbroken about our sorry state of affairs as a nation....

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Well, I tried to capture that in my comment. I understand that there were those who simply could not leave but as you said there are those who just didnt and a lot of them were everyday law abiding people. Then there are those who stayed behind just to cash in. We apprehended a Marine from out of state because he came here just to loot. We caught him in the act and we confiscated his Springfield M14 (I actually think he got it back because it was in my vault). I am fuzzy on all the details and could easily be proven wrong but from what I recall no one really took the storm seriously until almost the very end including federal agencies. I do think at some point there was a mandatory evacuation and people just did not go and I understand that and may have done the same but you have to see that that adds to the problem in this situation. Now from a first responder stand point you are having to remove all of those people and many of them still do not want to go. Everyone knows it was total chaos and there were many volunteer agencies coming to NOLA just for the experience and running cowboy doing who knows what. All the law enforcement I saw wasnt even dealing with evacuees I think the guard had that role for the most part. So at some point we get into all the criminal activity such as looting, rape, and murder. There was a curphew in place and no one was supposed to be out and about for any reason. Firemen were being shot at, a helicopter was shot at while trying to rescue people from a roof, we had soldiers under fire at a power plant. All this I know of first hand, I saw two fireman on a hose with two more standing guard with shotguns so yeah things were crazy. If you caught someone committing criminal acts you didnt even have anything to do with them. NOLA PD and LSP sure wouldnt take them of your hands for a while. There are still bullet holes in the police building where those guys returned fire from the roof. The point is how do you attempt to control the situation without pulling everyone out? Maybe its just me and I do not expect to win here but I can see both sides to a point but every situation is different. If yall cant see that then all I can tell you is dont stay behind, dont go to a shelter, and dont be out and about armed.
    I'll play Devil's Advocate... and take this from a credible source as a former National Guardsman who was just getting back from Baghdad, Iraq, in '04 and later went on to join Task Force Gator months later after the fact. Yes. The Louisiana Army National Guard AND the National Guard from other States UNCONSTITUTIONALLY confiscated weapons. Even Governor Jindal admits that these events occurred. It's not even up for debate bro.

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    I'll play Devil's Advocate... and take this from a credible source as a former National Guardsman who was just getting back from Baghdad, Iraq, in '04 and later went on to join Task Force Gator months later after the fact. Yes. The Louisiana Army National Guard AND the National Guard from other States UNCONSTITUTIONALLY confiscated weapons. Even Governor Jindal admits that these events occurred. It's not even up for debate bro.

Well I guess that just leaves the reason behind it but in the end it doesnt matter. I was on TFG for the first couple months also, hated it.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Yeah. It was written in 2002. Oh, that's nothing.... The blue book was written in 2009. He's the Tom Clancy of 2A. I swear to God that I had chills reading his trilogy. It has profoundly changed my point of view about the U.S. Government.

I'm both furious and heartbroken about our sorry state of affairs as a nation....

Man that stuff about the VA feeding these wonder meds like jelly beans is a crazy thought.

Well I guess that just leaves the reason behind it.

Really? It's called idiocy.

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Man that stuff about the VA feeding these wonder meds like jelly beans is a crazy thought.

Really? It's called idiocy.

As previously stated, with some of the instances in the video I would agree. Then there are some instances where I can see guns being taken but thats me and I do not expect everyone to agree with me. Obviously this did happen and some of it shouldnt have. My apologies to the OP for taking up the thread

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.

If he would have been Governor instead of Blanko we may not even be having this discussion.

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    As previously stated, with some of the instances in the video I would agree. Then there are some instances where I can see guns being taken but thats me and I do not expect everyone to agree with me. Obviously this did happen and some of it shouldnt have. My apologies to the OP for taking up the thread
    Don't sweat it brah. A lot of us still don't know the full extent of what all went on... It was a pretty dark time. One that I suspect won't be repeated. Too many Guardmembers in key positions of authority are now conscientious of 2A after the events of this previous decade. -If only we could get DHS to follow suit at the federal level.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jonah95
    Top Bottom