You may never be able to see an anvil again and not think about this.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I have never seen anything about this before. It is not something I would want to be close to though.

Makes you realize how lucky the Roadrunner has been all these years!

http://www.coolestone.com/media/895/Anvils_Away/#.VbjcNfk1MYS

Apparently it is not entirely an obscure thing and you can find anything on youtube.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+anvil+shooting&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

There was an episode, of a show I don't recall, on Discovery channel showing guys doing the same thing. I think it was an episode showing random things like this and the pumpkin chunkin competitions.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I've seen the videos before. I would like to see it live.
    Looks like it's a hoot.

EDIT

The is a U.S. National Anvil Shooting competition.

With Peanut Butter glue.

Last edited:

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I saw this done once when I was up in Pigeon Forge. I think it is a tradition that goes way back before the Civil War. The movie "Sweet Home Alabama" has a scene in it where a confederate general dressed in full regalia launches anvils at gazebos in the back yard of his mansion. Amazing what a can of Goex will do!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    It needed a 'Hey Y'all! Watch This!' Boom! 'HeeeYaaaaw!'.

Off topic somewhat:
    I went to a caving convention (ie 200 guys trying to sleep in tents before going get muddy again). Cavers use carbide lanterns mostly instead of battery lights. Carbide mixed with h2o gives off a lot of acetylene. If you mix them in a 2 liter coke bottle after a while they explode loudly. Followed by 200 guys yelling 'YeeHaaaw!' or some variant thereof. ALL NIGHT LONG. I didn't sleep much but it was fun!

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    It needed a 'Hey Y'all! Watch This!' Boom! 'HeeeYaaaaw!'.

Off topic somewhat:
    I went to a caving convention (ie 200 guys trying to sleep in tents before going get muddy again). Cavers use carbide lanterns mostly instead of battery lights. Carbide mixed with h2o gives off a lot of acetylene. If you mix them in a 2 liter coke bottle after a while they explode loudly. Followed by 200 guys yelling 'YeeHaaaw!' or some variant thereof. ALL NIGHT LONG. I didn't sleep much but it was fun!

There is a video of anvil shooting from Texas!

Let me threadjack my own thread further OT
    The sight smokers highpower guy shoot are the same concept, just a very rich nasty black smoke producing flame.

I went to this guys New Years Eve party and he blows up or other wise destroys computers. He uses the CO2 bombs which are pretty devastating. Someone tried it at another time and ended up blowing both his hands up. The guy decide to move the bomb after it had been activated. When he touched it it exploded. Acetylene bomb sounds dangerous also with the addition of if it caught fire.

Which reminds me,
    If you have ever seen someone blow themselves off with oxygen from a cutting torch, that is a bad idea.

My friend's dad was a higher up at a welding place and I was lucky to get a lot of safety lessons from them.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    There is a video of anvil shooting from Texas!

Let me threadjack my own thread further OT
    The sight smokers highpower guy shoot are the same concept, just a very rich nasty black smoke producing flame.

I went to this guys New Years Eve party and he blows up or other wise destroys computers. He uses the CO2 bombs which are pretty devastating. Someone tried it at another time and ended up blowing both his hands up. The guy decide to move the bomb after it had been activated. When he touched it it exploded. Acetylene bomb sounds dangerous also with the addition of if it caught fire.

Which reminds me,
    If you have ever seen someone blow themselves off with oxygen from a cutting torch, that is a bad idea.

My friend's dad was a higher up at a welding place and I was lucky to get a lot of safety lessons from them.

You can light your fingers on fire if you snap them while passing pure oxygen over them.

Top Bottom