Your Ammo Diet

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many rounds do you shoot in a year?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    There are obvious shortcomings to the poll, but I'm curious for some hard data nonetheless.

For example, folks that shoot precision rifle are obviously not going to blaze through as much as someone who just plinks with a 10-22, but I think I can sift through those names pretty easily and count them out. :D

If you feel the need to qualify your vote, please feel free!

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    BOY are you in for a surprise. Someone has been lying to you. Nah, it isn't bad, but it does take up alot of your time.

Actually we both are on the same page. We both want kids and it is that time in our life. I am looking forward to the day that I can take them to the range or the lease and go shooting. I cant wait for them to ask me, when can we do that again daddy.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Reading the stuff guys on other gun forums said when I first started, I imagined myself shooting 2-300 rounds every month, keep myself sharp, ammo was cheap, bla bla bla.

I don't think I've ever shot more than 7-800 in a single year, and 15-200 in most years.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I'm curious as to why, exactly, you want/need this data...

Curiosity of my own, mostly.

With prices already starting to climb and availability falling off, I actually hoped to get some figures "before and after" the price spike.

I believe our members would be a pretty accurate test bed for this question-- even above all other firearms boards. LF.net and PT.com would almost certainly return figures that were higher, as their membership consists of a lot of professionals and guys heavy into training. The same could be said of the Brian Enos forums. And I simply don't trust the brand/firearm specific boards. :D

I also write quite a bit, 90% for my own pleasure and to keep my thoughts well organized. Data of any kind helps!

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    A couple of hours on a 650 every Thursday!

My right arm is beastly. :mamoru:

Thank god man, I thought we would have to have "the talk".

Since I started reloading I haven't noticed the price fluctuations in factory ammo. I guess I better start paying attention. You're not the first one who brought this up.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Thank god man, I thought we would have to have "the talk".

Since I started reloading I haven't noticed the price fluctuations in factory ammo. I guess I better start paying attention. You're not the first one who brought this up.

I haven't noticed them either, as of yet-- although I do buy my lower consumption ammo, and will definitely take a hit a few times in the coming months.

Components also tend to see a spike when these "election factors" become an issue, so I stocked up for the rest of the season/year on primers and powder. I'm curious as to what will happen to the prices and availability of once-fired brass, which I don't buy very often, but do collect from public ranges.

Top Bottom