Your Ammo Diet

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many rounds do you shoot in a year?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Thank god man, I thought we would have to have "the talk".

Since I started reloading I haven't noticed the price fluctuations in factory ammo. I guess I better start paying attention. You're not the first one who brought this up.

I see it mostly in rifle ammo though, I reload pistol so I dont worry much about that one unless I need it for a class then I take the hit and order to save me from reload a bunch in a hurry.

Its mostly the reason why I made the switch to 5.45, hard to beat training with it eventhough the initial investment SUCKED. Even that ammo that is corrosive and not as "wanted" is started to thin out, just purchased 5400 rounds of it a couple of days ago and I hope to get at least 6k more in a couple of weeks that way I can continue to shoot without worries.

Shotgun ammo went up about $15 per 250, 22LR ammo went up about $4 for bulk ammo as well

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Yay, I'm not entirely crazy! :bravo:

Or at least... not alone. :hi5:

Where do you throw that much lead at! My problem is not time to shoot, it is close places to shoot. I was shooting a lot at Diamond Training center, but I figured out that was the cause of my nasty cough that continued after I quit smoking...

My wife shoots more than a lot of the respondents, I bet she gets 3k down range a year... I probably double or triple that, but I get it in bursts, I might shoot a couple K in a week, then go a month without getting out, make a quick 2-300 round range trip, take a couple weeks off, etc.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    I think i do 2k-3k rounds a year. I get a much as i can afford to shoot so i have no real way of knowing since what i buy varies drastically. IE: here in may i should be going through about 1k of ammo. I may be more 3k-4k

ulshop

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    lafayette
    With classes and general range time, I have shot more this year (aprox. 3000 5.56, 1200 .45/9mm) so far, than in the past few years combined. Hoping to get in at least one or two more courses this year.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom