Your GOP at work!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nevarwinter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Gretna, LA
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeedpolitics/paul-delegate-purge-sparks-gop-civil-war-in-maine

After Maine Convention where Paul supporters won handily, Maine GOP officials attempt to purge all Ron Paul delegates in the name of unity.

This is every god damned bit as underhanded as the DNC stealing the convention from Hillary to give to Barack.

A couple of quotes:

"The recent actions taken by National Committeewoman Jan Staples against the Maine Delegation are destructive to party unity, blur our focus on maintaining Republican majorities in the Maine House and Senate and provide fodder for opponents in the Democrat Party to attack our candidates in upcoming races," they write in the letter, provided to BuzzFeed by a Maine Republican.

Pfaff complained: "As an example of Ms. Staples sentiments, she was recently quoted in the Portland Press Herald as saying, 'For us, it's trying to get back control of our party.' Who exactly is she trying to get back control from? We are all Republicans."

She wants control back so we can spend billions of taxpayer dollars going to war with Iran because they said scary things and they can give their corporate buds more taxpayer welfare.

This is your GOP, guys. And this is also proof that the TEA party died on the freaking vine. There is NO way anyone in Washington was going to allow any one of you rabble to cut spending.

Oh, and cake on the icing:

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20120801/WIRE/120809973

The state GOP, led by Chairman Roger Villere, submitted a delegate list last week that filled slots won by Paul supporters with Romney backers. The RNC considers that the official list of Louisiana delegates for the Tampa, Fla., convention set for Aug. 27-30.

The gist of that is that after Roger Villere was removed, the majority (as dictated by the rules) continued the convention and graciously allowed the GOP to put their money guys in delegate slots (Charlie Buckles -of redflexx fame-, Roger Villere, etc...).

You get what you pay for.

and before any of you guys start, the Ron Paul campaign won a clear and decisive victory in the Louisiana Caucus because we got out the vote. I am an elected delegate for District 2 (there's my credentials). The argument was who Rick Santorum's delegates went to after ricky dropped. Many of his supporters came to the Paul side (creating a majority for the Paul candidacy) because they didn't like Romney either. Rick apparently made a backroom deal with Mitt and his supporters weren't aware of it. Naturally when they found out, they were pissed because of Mitts ever-changing stance on abortion and any number of issues.

Again, this gave a clear majority for the Paul campaign. A few of the guys and girls wanted, since we had the majority, to take every single delegate slot away from everyone. But in the end, there were really only 15 delegate slots up for play (if memory serves). We took all but 5. The GOP wanted all 15, which would have given Mitt the slight edge in delegate count.

This is all on video, everything has been recorded. There are no lies, fantasies or otherwise pipe dreams (other than thinking the GOP was actually going to cut spending) from the Paul side. What the GOP is doing is committing fraud and the unfortunate part is that because it's Ron Paul folks, it won't really matter.

You wonder why Mitt is going to lose in November? This is why. You better hope that someone creates such a panic or the economy comes close to collapse so Mitt has a chance.

I will never vote GOP again after this.

Last edited:

Nevarwinter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Gretna, LA
    Recap of the facts regarding the GOP in Louisiana:

Ron Paul had an impressive showing in 2008. He had such a favorable opinion in Louisiana, he came close to winning the caucus then as well, and may have actually won, but some 500 ballots were conveniently kicked off as ineligible thus rendering John McCain the winner.

The LAGOP released "preliminary" results of the caucus on Late Wednesday with a carefully worded press release staing that "Delegate candidates endorsed by US Senator John McCain (R-AZ) appear to have won more state convention delegate positions than any other presidential slate at the Louisiana Caucuses."

This gave the impression that McCain won the caucus with Paul in second. But as the party then had to explain, due to its own mistakes, some 500-650 voters over five different districts were forced to file provisional ballots which could change the outcome of the entire election.

Fast forward to 2012...

Ron Paul comes in a close third in Iowa while the GOP gets its story straight, eventually claiming that Santorum won but not before giving Mitt some momentum by saying he won before that.

Louisiana has a large Ron Paul following, and Jindal along with Roger Villere, wanting to avoid the embarrassment, push the Louisiana Primary/Caucus back several months to disallow Paul gaining any momentum.

Not only that, but they reversed the order. In Louisiana, it was always caucus first, then primary because the primary election gains the least in delegates. Since they know "not Ron Paul" will win the primary, they put it first.

Paul defeated soundly in Louisiana Primary (lets' be realistic), but when it comes to the Caucus, he dominated because of an incredible get out the vote effort (I know I knocked on doors).

At the convention, the rules committee makes dubious changes that do not pass (it's on video). Knowing they do not have the majority, they proceeded to attempt to give the minority, which they now are, the power to pass rules without a quorum and later reducing the number of the quorum to the absolute minimum number of Romney supporters on the governing bodies. None of these pass. They also try to get all delegates to sign a binding affidavit saying that all would support the GOP nominee (no one signed).

In the following days caucus, the GOP and Mr. Villere proceed as if the rules were indeed approved which gets him removed as chair. They ignore the majority and continue on as the majority of Republicans turn their chairs to elect new leaders and name delegates.

Two days ago, the GOP sent out a list of delegates that removed all Paul supporters and replaced them with Mitt supporters.

(and these ignore the countless other little things they did, like not announcing the convention until last minute, starting a day early on the committees after last moments notice, etc...)

There's the most accurate recap I can come up with. Cheating, lying, power, money and cronyism.

Your GOP.

Last edited:

joey9139122

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    If Mitt has it so locked up why do you think they are doing this to paul delegates all over the country?

Only going to make more people leave the GOP and move to independents and Libertarians.

Nevarwinter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Gretna, LA
    If Mitt has it so locked up why do you think they are doing this to paul delegates all over the country?

Only going to make more people leave the GOP and move to independents and Libertarians.

I was listening to Rush the other day when I was caught in a torrential downpour. Garland was a little boring, discussing the Saints (yet again) so Rush was on. Rush was talking about an article written by Pat Buchanan, who is another GOP outcast. They'll frame it as Buchanan being racially insensitive, but it's really because he is another conservative who was thrown under the bus because he doesn't believe we need to be at war around the world. Anyway, Buchanan stated that the GOP is essentially dead because its base is old and dying off, refuses to bring in or adapt to allow others to join, and other reasons. Sure, some of it is cringe-inducing because of the racial undertone, but I can't seem to find anyone who will disagree with it.

http://townhall.com/columnists/patbuchanan/2012/07/27/in_the_long_run_is_the_gop_dead

So, not only are they older and dying off, they are pushing out people who kind of agree with them, but just don't want to send people's kids to die because the 14th most powerful guy in Iran said something about Israel (translation: oil & petro-dollars).

The GOP and the cronies are going to run it right off the cliff stuffing their pockets the whole way, just like the democrats are.

Last edited:

Nevarwinter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Gretna, LA
    Edited a post to include something i'd forgotten. Louisiana also switched the primary and caucus dates, putting the primary first. Here, it is always caucus first because it awards the most delegates. Our primary is also unlike other states. Ours actually awards delegates, making it more than a straw vote but it awards less than the caucus.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Yes. Yes, I do. That's the difference between a person like me who is voting on principle and the person who is voting because "this guy" is not "that guy".

Principle or not, is it good to vote for "that guy" when it will be a wasted vote (reality here...) and possibly help to throw the election to obama? Is that a good thing or are you gonna be out of the country for the next 4 years and don't care?

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    When will you get it through your thick skull that if Ron Paul had so much support, then he would be the nominee?

Keep believing this BS and vote for your third party. Obama thanks you.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    And you think Ron Paul is any different?

Paul never signed in to law or supported any weapons bans. Paul never developed or supported a universal healthcare bill designed to make average joe pay for other people's health care.

Paul is pretty consistent in his voting.... he doesn't waffle lime Romney does.

He's so much not like the status quo, that non-supporters must constantly chime in "he's unelectable."

My question to you is: "How can he not be different?"

Principle or not, is it good to vote for "that guy" when it will be a wasted vote (reality here...) and possibly help to throw the election to obama? Is that a good thing or are you gonna be out of the country for the next 4 years and don't care?

Some people put their money where the mouth is and do what they think is right even if it isn't popular. Some people actually want to make a change in this country instead of settling for the scraps that our overlords cast to us. The rest compromise their principles.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    When will you get it through your thick skull that if Ron Paul had so much support, then he would be the nominee?

The fact that the GOP is cheating the system doesn't bother you? Really?

It's fine that Ron Paul is very likely to lose the nomination, but to throw out the delegates he won before the convention is okay with you?!?!??!?!?

Why do we even bother with a convention?!?!!?!??!

Why do we bother with voting in the primaries?!?!?!?!

Why not just let the GOP powers that be tell us what is good for us??!?!!? That's basically what they are doing here. They are maginalizing a significant section of the GOP who want something different than what is being handed to them.

This is the type of crap that will likely push many people to vote for Paul (if he actually decides to run 3rd party), but when people vote for him because the GOP is ruling like a monarchy, you'll blame the voters.

Seriously, there is something wrong with what is going on.

Nevarwinter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Gretna, LA

As I said previously: since it's only happening to us RP folks, it won't matter. It's okay when "our guy" does it. I'm not looking for pity here but you don't understand that I don't owe the GOP my vote. My entire life (so far) is based in the oilfield and I understand the consequences of me not voting for "not Obama". I'm willing to live with it.

This "give Obama your vote" **** is nonsense. It's always the most important election.

"I think this election is one of the most vital in the history of America." - Gerald ford, 1976

"This is the most important election in this nation in 50 years." - Ronald Reagan, 1984

"It may be the most important election of this century." - Robert Byrd campaigning for Michael Dukakis, 1988

"I ask you to join with me for these last three days to reach out and call your friends and family and neighbors to tell them this is the most important election in a generation." - Bill Clinton, 1996

"It's the most important election of our lifetime." - Ralph Reed campaigning for Bob dole, 1996

"This is the most important election I can remember, at least since 1968." Al Franken for John Kerry, 2004

"My fellow Americans, this is the most important election of our lifetime." - John Kerry, 2004

"For that reason, ladies and gentlemen, the election of 2004 is one of the most important, not just in our lives, but in our history." - Dick Cheney, 2004

"This is certainly the most important election in my lifetime." - Barack Obama, 2008

"This is the Most Important Election of Our Lifetime" - Newt Gingrich, 2012

and naturally "those Ron Paul" people will be to blame because the in-crowd nominated yet another "conservative" that is anything but.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Some people put their money where the mouth is and do what they think is right even if it isn't popular. Some people actually want to make a change in this country instead of settling for the scraps that our overlords cast to us. The rest compromise their principles.

Not talking popular. I happen to agree with you there, but when it is truly reality to choose the lesser of TWO EVILS, I cannot stand on principle. I must stand on reality because I can't stand obama and do not think the country can survive another 4 years. If it means compromising principle, so be it. If Paul had a chance, you could count me in.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    As I said previously: since it's only happening to us RP folks, it won't matter. It's okay when "our guy" does it. I'm not looking for pity here but you don't understand that I don't owe the GOP my vote. My entire life (so far) is based in the oilfield and I understand the consequences of me not voting for "not Obama". I'm willing to live with it.

This "give Obama your vote" **** is nonsense. It's always the most important election.

"I think this election is one of the most vital in the history of America." - Gerald ford, 1976

"This is the most important election in this nation in 50 years." - Ronald Reagan, 1984

"It may be the most important election of this century." - Robert Byrd campaigning for Michael Dukakis, 1988

"I ask you to join with me for these last three days to reach out and call your friends and family and neighbors to tell them this is the most important election in a generation." - Bill Clinton, 1996

"It's the most important election of our lifetime." - Ralph Reed campaigning for Bob dole, 1996

"This is the most important election I can remember, at least since 1968." Al Franken for John Kerry, 2004

"My fellow Americans, this is the most important election of our lifetime." - John Kerry, 2004

"For that reason, ladies and gentlemen, the election of 2004 is one of the most important, not just in our lives, but in our history." - Dick Cheney, 2004

"This is certainly the most important election in my lifetime." - Barack Obama, 2008

"This is the Most Important Election of Our Lifetime" - Newt Gingrich, 2012

and naturally "those Ron Paul" people will be to blame because the in-crowd nominated yet another "conservative" that is anything but.

This^10.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Regardless of what he says, Paul is STILL a politician.

And all politicians are in it for the money and power, period.

Some have better verbal skills than others is all.

The only difference in libs and conservatives is the conservatives don't screw over the average citizen as openly or as blatantly as the liberals do.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Regardless of what he says, Paul is STILL a politician.

And all politicians are in it for the money and power, period.

Some have better verbal skills than others is all.

The only difference in libs and conservatives is the conservatives don't screw over the average citizen as openly or as blatantly as the liberals do.

So the GOP screwing over their voters is ok? Got it.

rob52

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Here's my take. Romney won the majority of the delegates, Paul didn't.
    During the convention all delegates should be counted for those that won them but in the end, unfortunately Romney wins.
    The primary system is flawed to the degree that it is manupulated by the press and their endless polls influencing voters not likely to study the issues so they would vote for the pre selected candidate. (Maybe the one that is least polorizing, God forbid we should select someone with a real plan)
    Maybe all the primaries should be done in one day and no exit polls or results allowed until all polling places close. Maybe we could then have a candidate that more represents the majority of voters.
    I didn't support Ron Paul or Romney opting for more conservative candidates. Unfortunately, they are not there either.
    Having said that, I believe this "is the most important election of my time" as I believe that every time I vote. We have been under attack by progressive liberalism for over one hundred years. I don't believe we have a snow balls chance in hell to correct that cycle in the next 4 years but I do believe we can move so far to the left in that same time that future elections could be null and void even before the process begins.
    So, painful as it might be, I will vote for Romney. not against Obama but as a slight glimmer of hope that consrvatism could catch hold of an otherwise uneducated voting public.

Top Bottom