YouTube Starts

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    YouTube has started its banning and/or purging of channels that promote or support firearms and firearm related content. I haven't seen any channels yet that aremainly 2A content but I'm sure its not far away.

Spikes Tactical was hit today, if I'm correct, they were the largest channel/company taken down. (...promotes violent or dangerous acts that have an inherent risk of serious physical harm or death.)

They haven't however even made a move against the thousands of hours of anti LEO, drug use, criminal activity, so on and so on channels.

Mike

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Most of the big channels (Hickock, MAC, etc) are all still there and some have uploads within the last 24hrs. I never even knew Spike had its own channel.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    YouTube may have changed their policy to one that more directly affects firearm related content creators.

Policies on content featuring firearms

YouTube prohibits certain kinds of content featuring firearms. Specifically, we don’t allow content that:
    -Intends to sell firearms or certain firearms accessories through direct sales (e.g., private sales by individuals) or links to sites that sell these items. These accessories include but may not be limited to accessories that enable a firearm to simulate automatic fire or convert a firearm to automatic fire (e.g., bump stocks, gatling triggers, drop-in auto sears, conversion kits), and high capacity magazines (i.e., magazines or belts carrying more than 30 rounds).
    -Provides instructions on manufacturing a firearm, ammunition, high capacity magazine, homemade silencers/suppressors, or certain firearms accessories such as those listed above. This also includes instructions on how to convert a firearm to automatic or simulated automatic firing capabilities.
    -Shows users how to install the above-mentioned accessories or modifications.
    https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7667605?hl=en&ref_topic=2803176

Here's one channel's take on the change:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I assume there's a way to report videos that have improper 'gun' related content. SO... we need to report every Hollywood made movie clip showing full auto weapons, explosives, etc... Spread the word and overwhelm them with requests...

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I assume there's a way to report videos that have improper 'gun' related content. SO... we need to report every Hollywood made movie clip showing full auto weapons, explosives, etc... Spread the word and overwhelm them with requests...

I inadvertently missed the last part of the policy.

Report content that violates this policy
    You can report videos that you believe violate this policy by flagging the video.

So you're going to have a slew of social justice warriors going from page to page flagging any gun related video.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    ^^^ yes we are. I figured we might as well add the stuff they make money on... all the anti gun Hollywood types should have their movie clips removed.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    But of course. This shouldn't come as a big surprise- the left constantly tries to silence any dissenting views from their own. They dine at the table of intolerance as they preach to everyone else about....tolerance. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom