Yugoslavian AK Barrels From Centerfire Systems

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    OK, at $13 each even the bad barrels are cool. Aside from owning an AK barrel, they make excellent clubs. You could beat to death an entire herd of baby seals with one of these puppies!

Or hit a tree with it!

On a side note, I was halfway serious about making a coffee table with some of the barrels. :D

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    My 2-year-old daughter picked up one of my shot-out and well-cleaned Yugo barrels, and said solemnly, "This is the most beautiful stick I have ever seen." My wife stared daggers at me, but I gave my little girl a big hug. That was three days ago. She still carries her "stick" around with her poking the cats and generally causing mischief.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    A follow-on to this thread. Continuing in my "Buy em cheap and stack em deep." mentality I bought ten more of these barrels. All have pretty bad galling from being pressed out incorrectly (by Century probably). Five are in such good shape they look almost brand-new (on the inside at least) while two have slightly frosty bores. All seven of these have good crowns. The remaining three have bad bores. One might make a pistol build, but the other two are useless as gun barrels. At $133 I got seven good barrels.

I recommend this deal. I read a post recently from a guy who ordered three and only got one good barrel, but he still got a good barrel for $50. That's a hard deal to beat.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Yep, that's what got me to buy up all these damned barrels. Right now after two showers I can still smell the cosmoline on my hands from cleaning them up. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... cosmoline.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Since bambam did not reply these barrels will not AKM parts with some lathe/mill work. The journals are all too big to fit the fsb. gb, hg retainer, and rsb.

They will fit an akm trunnion.

These barrels are profiled like a 1970 spec ak (pre akm) not a 1975 akm

I bought one of these barrels as a test and it is ok, passes the bullet test at the muzzle but is a bit pitted. Hearing your success I think I will buy a few more, as I have a use for 4 of them...

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Since bambam did not reply these barrels will not AKM parts with some lathe/mill work. The journals are all too big to fit the fsb. gb, hg retainer, and rsb.

They will fit an akm trunnion.

These barrels are profiled like a 1970 spec ak (pre akm) not a 1975 akm

I bought one of these barrels as a test and it is ok, passes the bullet test at the muzzle but is a bit pitted. Hearing your success I think I will buy a few more, as I have a use for 4 of them...
    So what your saying is that the barrel (Yugo)is larger than the componants of a AKM but you cannot lathe them down to fit the parts?

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Hey #1bambam. How's it going?

I think what he was saying was that the parts don't fit "out da box", but the barrel has to be machined down to get the parts to fit, nez pas?

I haven't figured what specifically I'm going to do with these barrels, but whatever I do it's going to be fun! I suspect it has something to do with that bucket 'o parts in the shop.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Hey #1bambam. How's it going?

I think what he was saying was that the parts don't fit "out da box", but the barrel has to be machined down to get the parts to fit, nez pas?

I haven't figured what specifically I'm going to do with these barrels, but whatever I do it's going to be fun! I suspect it has something to do with that bucket 'o parts in the shop.
    Im good.Hope alls well with you guys.

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    Ill buy all your crap/useless/shotout/bad crown barrells. I kinda want to make a sweet stand for my bearded dragons terrarium. Send me a PM if you want to clear up some space on your work bench!

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    I stashed a few of the barrels because I believe some time yugo kits without barrels with be available, but so far that hasn't happened. It it happens I'll use flats, but if no kits come then oh well. Hmmmm.....I supose I could get a few flats to stash.

Top Bottom