NLFS: Zastava M57 with issues - $150

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TacitRonin20

Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Feb 14, 2020
    New orleans
    IMG_20240113_164129_267.jpg
    IMG_20240113_164150_238.jpg

Up for grabs is a Yugoslavian M57. According to the importer, it was manufactured some time in the 1970s and that seems right. It looks to be a civilian model. It's got a good bore and shoots well.

Now for the issues. I was having an issue with the trigger slipping down the trigger spring and under the sear. Resetting this is a simple matter of sticking something in the mag well and pushing it back. This was happening multiple times per mag, but bending the trigger spring helped a lot. Shooting it today, it only happened twice in about 40 or so rounds.

The second, far more minor, issue is with the slide release. It started today and would occasionally fail to lock back on an empty mag. It would also sometimes unlock the slide and chamber a round when you insert a mag.

The last issue was that the mag wouldn't get past the mag release without pressing it in first. This issue has been pretty much resolved with some careful filling. The mag still hangs up slightly, but if you insert it with a bit of vigor there's no issue.

Lastly, the nickel finish has some holes in it and scratches everywhere else. I love the design and how the gun shoots, but it's not functioning well enough to keep. It is a cool piece of history though and you can have it for less than I paid for it. I also bought it without a mag but you'll be getting one with the gun.

$150 in the New Orleans area, preferably on the west bank. I will also trade for a .22 single action revolver. A heritage rough rider or similar. I will also buy your functioning TT33 or clone and trade you this one if you're interested. Message me on bs and we can go to text from there :)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom