Zero tolerance knives

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    There is a shop in Covington, Alpine Clocks/Knives, or something like that. I've passed by a few times, but always heard bad stories.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    There is a shop in Covington, Alpine Clocks/Knives, or something like that. I've passed by a few times, but always heard bad stories.
    What kind of bad stories?

They have some nice knives but don't know much about them. Only negative experience is that they didn't sharpen my Benchmade Osborne correctly.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Alpine used to be owned by a husband and wife. From what I know, the wife ended up with the business. I've also heard that the customer service went to **** after that. I've read a bunch of comments like that from online reviews. The husband opened up a shop on Gause in Slidell near the hospital if I remember correctly. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Northshore-Southshore-ClocksWatches-and-Knives/192321120817354 I've never been in the area when he is open but I always want to stop in there. Not sure if he handles ZT or not. Kershaw's site shows Puglia's and Perrets as dealers. You may want to give them a call and see if the sell ZT also.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Your best bet is to order from Kershaw Guy, unless you are purposely looking for a local dealer to fondle the knives. I would only visit actual dealers of ZT.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    +1 for Kershaw Guy. I think Cabela's has some in stock if you just want to check them out in person. They are way overpriced though.
    And there's the gun show in Gonzales next weekend right around the corner form Cabela's too.

LSUSMC

Segreant
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Prairieville
    Jim's has a bunch of ZT if you're willing to drive to BR.

They also have an awesome selection of Benchmade and Spyderco and prices on-par or lower than Blade HQ and Knifeworks. It's dangerous if you like to finger knives like I do

stinkysix

Rating - 97.9%
    47   1   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Alpine in New Orleans and Covington has a really poor selection and high prices, go to Northshore clock and knives at 805 Gause blvd, Slidell, great selection and prices

Bemms79

Get some
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Mandaville
    Yeah I'd say I have a little bit of a knife fetish. Jims has a pretty nice selection of blades, was just wondering if there was a place in NOLA or the NS that I didn't know about. I just picked up a ZT 0561 with elmax and a 0551 first run with elmax and can honestly say I'm in love! Lol

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yeah I'd say I have a little bit of a knife fetish. Jims has a pretty nice selection of blades, was just wondering if there was a place in NOLA or the NS that I didn't know about. I just picked up a ZT 0561 with elmax and a 0551 first run with elmax and can honestly say I'm in love! Lol

Just wait till ZT's aren't good enough and you start wanting Strider, CRK, and customs. ZT makes quality knives for the price, but nothing is nicer than having a custom.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Jim's has a bunch of ZT if you're willing to drive to BR.

They also have an awesome selection of Benchmade and Spyderco and prices on-par or lower than Blade HQ and Knifeworks. It's dangerous if you like to finger knives like I do

That's a change as they used to sell them at list price.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I walked into the Southshore store when it first opened in Metairie. The reception was not friendly.

I've gone to Alpine over the years for different things. If they have it in stock, great. I tried to get them to order something for me once, never again.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Since we've already gone slightly off topic, I'd suggest everyone check out Knifeworks in Columbia, LA or visit their website. Might as well support a local Louisiana shop that actually deals with knives daily.

Top Bottom