Oklahoma Self defense shooting and it's aftermath (from XDTalk)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    This is IBWALDO Wifee. I am the woman who pulled the trigger and forever changed our lives that day. MY children we my only concern. This was the third time we were robbed, and both previous times they waited until my husband was not home to invade. It was obvious (as one of the very few people in the neighborhood that took care of our yard, etc) that we were targeted. The lady across the street from us was broken into in January and they broke both of her legs and raped her. She was in her 60's. I was asleep in my bedroom, and my babies were down the hall each in their own rooms. MY only thought was to protect my babies. Not me, not my belongings, ONLY my babies.

What kind of mother would I be to know there is imminent danger lurking at the house and turn around and move back in? Do you know the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing again and again expecting a different outcome. Moving back into that house is not an option. DA told us we cannot because of the threat, and I would consider it insanity to chose to go back there knowing the danger.

It is difficult moving from place to place and I fear everyday that someone will find us and try to harm myself or my children. I did not think of all of this before I acted October 21st, 2010. A day I will certainly NEVER forget. I thought only of protecting my babies, and until we sell that house we are financially strapped down to either living in our car, or squatting with friends. It is NOT at all the outcome I would want for anyone who chooses t protect their babies, but it is my fate. I am a strong woman, I'm sure no one would argue that, but without being a mother protecting my babies, none of this outcome would matter.

I am hopeful some time in the future we will be able to sell that house and move on with our lives. I know my husband mentioned he was trying to get a job out of state, but so far no such luck. We are not giving up, we will make this all work out, my babies are my life and I will do whatever I can to protect them.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/ This is my Facebook page if you want to verify that I Am who I say I am. Just read a few of my wall posts.

Our prayers go out to you and yours and for you guys to successfully be able to relocate.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Just wanted to let everyone know that this family was helped and all was appreciated.

What a truly awesome forum this is. With all of your donations and prayers, we were able to raise over $4,000 for our forum member in need. I want to personnally thank every one of you for your generosity and prayers that you contributed to ibwaldo and his family. I know they were greatly appreciated by them.

As to the winner of the drawing, Congrats to forum member nateroach for the winner of the Crossbreed Holster and Belt and a xdtalk t-shirt. I will be sending you an email shortly.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    And here is the response from ibwaldo.

Thank you all for everything you have done for me and my family! Those two little words hardly seem big enough to express our true feelings but those are the only words I know...

I came here to learn how to prepare for such an event and thanks to all of you we came out on top! My only intention for posting our story was to give back and help others to prepare. I wanted to show that strong words are easy to say, but actions can be life changing. There are a lot of emotions, stress and fear that you must be able to deal with. You all came to help pick up our lives and give us some dignity back. We are both humbled and honored to receive this gift and look forward to getting our lives back on track. I still plan on getting my strategy guide / preparation tool posted, but that will take some time. I feel that I owe all of you something worthy of your actions. I am still focused on getting my family out of the state and that is where I am devoting most of my free time. I have several irons in the fire right now but still have nothing concrete. I will be changing my location to "USA" and will not post where or even if we relocate. I'm sure you all understand why.

The one thing we are very much looking forward to do is being able to pay forward all of your generosity. At some point we will be settled down again and then we will be more able to help out others that have had their lives turned up side down. I will be available to help any of you if you ever face a similar situation and I will do whatever I can to help.

Top Bottom