Don't bother taking your AK to Precision anymore

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Here is my open letter to the "peeps"...

Today, I went to Precision to test fire a WASR AK that I fixed the front sight cant on and got shut down. Now I go there pretty regular and they know me, know that I'm safe with firearms and a few actually know my prior background; but, they no longer will allow people to shoot their AK's there due to kids shooting up all of the metal backstops and crap.

Dear Mr. I gotta wear my pants down low to show my asscrack wanna be gansta,

I just want to take a moment here and personally thank you for yet again, totally ****ing up something that was good for the public. By your vast knowledge of the AK and proper training documented on Youtube and by you viewing your training game's on X-Box and such, your shooting habits (i.e. shooting from the hip "Arhnuld style" and bump firing (of course by accident) has damaged the ironwork to the indoor part of the rifle range and gotten the weapon banned from being shot there.

I hope that you are proud of this accomplishment in knowing that now, when someone who actually uses the range for what it was INTENDED for cannot no longer do so. We have to find other means and places to shoot this weapon. Hopefully in due time, Precision might changed this policy, and if they do, I would FULLY support if they gave you an I.Q. test after you walked in the door while trying to hold you pants up.

Note: I still will support Precision 100% (it's really a great place to shoot and also I can take my wife and let her shoot there) but I just wanted to vent here. I know it's not totally their fault; but they had to do it to prevent further damage.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Not to MMQB their decisions, but the PROPER solution is to SO the range and can the dirtbags. It's not like they are going to be safe with other weapons when they bring them. You have cramped the good guys and done little to stop the bad guys with this "solution."

And, yes, I say that as someone who deals with idiots as a voluteer SO at my range.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Aren't they suppose to shot at the backstop?:p
    They want us to shoot toward the walls instead?
    Here is my open letter to the "peeps"...

Today, I went to Precision to test fire a WASR AK that I fixed the front sight cant on and got shut down. Now I go there pretty regular and they know me, know that I'm safe with firearms and a few actually know my prior background; but, they no longer will allow people to shoot their AK's there due to kids shooting up all of the metal backstops and crap.

Dear Mr. I gotta wear my pants down low to show my asscrack wanna be gansta,

I just want to take a moment here and personally thank you for yet again, totally ****ing up something that was good for the public. By your vast knowledge of the AK and proper training documented on Youtube and by you viewing your training game's on X-Box and such, your shooting habits (i.e. shooting from the hip "Arhnuld style" and bump firing (of course by accident) has damaged the ironwork to the indoor part of the rifle range and gotten the weapon banned from being shot there.

I hope that you are proud of this accomplishment in knowing that now, when someone who actually uses the range for what it was INTENDED for cannot no longer do so. We have to find other means and places to shoot this weapon. Hopefully in due time, Precision might changed this policy, and if they do, I would FULLY support if they gave you an I.Q. test after you walked in the door while trying to hold you pants up.

Note: I still will support Precision 100% (it's really a great place to shoot and also I can take my wife and let her shoot there) but I just wanted to vent here. I know it's not totally their fault; but they had to do it to prevent further damage.
    To bad the "peeps" don't frequent the site to read the letter.

:)

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Did they just ban AK varients or the 7.62x39 cartridge?

Can I still bring a SKS or a AR-15 chambered in 7.62?

:)

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    On an unrelated note, the last time I went there (maybe the second or 3rd time I've ever been) I got yelled at like a stepchild because I forgot to let the first door close before I opened the second. Yall can have that place.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Yup, it's the round... Doesn't matter if you are a member or not.

Ben,
    It's good that they yelled at you for that! There are 2 doors, and with both of them closed, it keeps 99% of the noise out of the common showroom area. Think about if you had that door open and opening the second door while some dood is cranking off his fortay, it's pretty loud.

You also have to think that these guys are working there and trying to control the noise that we make constantly.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    I got yelled at like a stepchild because I forgot to let the first door close before I opened the second. Yall can have that place.

Happened to me as well. I have to say they were pretty much dicks and I won't be back.

onlyjourneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    I saw the same thing at the range on south choctaw--"Red Diamond?"--
    They had a sign --- "no rifles or shotguns unless you're a member".
    I really don't think this is a bad policy. It may be the only way to maintain control of the riff-raff, but is surely limits the availability of ranges we can just walk in and sight in. Things sure have changed....

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Well, look at it like this.

When you go into the shooting bays, you have on all of your PPE, they don't. So what sounds like a pop to you is actually a bang to them out there.

Top Bottom