Don't bother taking your AK to Precision anymore

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I was asked last night (and am happy to) clarify the policy on AK and SKS variant weapons.

It is the weapon type that is banned, not the cartridge/bullet/etc.

Yes, you must be a member to shoot these style rifles and there are no exceptions to that rule for a number of reasons.

People without memberships historically have less regard for the equipment and people with membership will not only generally be more careful but they can much more easily have the situation taken care of if a member does end up tearing up some equipment.

I was advised that since this rule was put in place, they have not had one incident where the rifle ranges or rifle range equipment was damaged.

I wish I had read this before going to Precision last night and roughling up Mark's feathers when I asked about the 7.62 round being banned. We need to make sure what we post is factual least we lead others astray.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    I wish I had read this before going to Precision last night and roughling up Mark's feathers when I asked about the 7.62 round being banned. We need to make sure what we post is factual least we lead others astray.

I agree 100%.
    I posted EXACTLY what I was told. Nothing was mentioned to me that day about "if you are a member, you can....".

I'm not trying to start anything about Precision or talk bad about them, I like that place and honestly, if I ran an indoor range, it would pretty much run just like that place.

So with that being said, I'll be buying a membership now. Thanks for asking Spanky. I haven't had the time to go by there since that day; but, I will when I get home.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I agree 100%.
    I posted EXACTLY what I was told. Nothing was mentioned to me that day about "if you are a member, you can....".

I'm not trying to start anything about Precision or talk bad about them, I like that place and honestly, if I ran an indoor range, it would pretty much run just like that place.

So with that being said, I'll be buying a membership now. Thanks for asking Spanky. I haven't had the time to go by there since that day; but, I will when I get home.

Actually, I was approached Monday and asked to come on and clarify and I was happy to.

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    Or how about Verify the information and disseminate what is true BEFORE the roughing of feathers...

I would much rather have info and verify, than show up one day and not be able to shoot, Why does one have to rely on others doing the foot work?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom