1911 coating suggestions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard Michael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2021
    Walker, La.
    I recently came into a Taurus 1911 that was in bad shape. I have cleaned it up alot and now want to re-finish it. This group is full of opinions so I will enlist members to give coating, color and someone to do it ideas. Knowing this bunch of MISFITS, lets hear your good,bad and ugly!!

gmoore

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2023
    Plaquemine, LA
    I recently came into a Taurus 1911 that was in bad shape. I have cleaned it up alot and now want to re-finish it. This group is full of opinions so I will enlist members to give coating, color and someone to do it ideas. Knowing this bunch of MISFITS, lets hear your good,bad and ugly!!
    I’ve tried everything. For the money, Cerakote is probably the best for wear + looks. You can go to the Cerakote website and look at lots of colors on lots of guns. Parkerizing is second on my list, and fairly easy to accomplish at home if you’re handy and have access to sandblast equipment.

Richard Michael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2021
    Walker, La.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Can't go wrong with Nickel :D

1911.JPG

Richard Michael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2021
    Walker, La.
    Its a copper Cerakote with Atlas gunworks internals. Lew's firearms did the coating. They were great to deal with, his wife took time to show me different options before I went with this. Now I need to find someone who can install sights and head back to the range!!

Richard Michael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2021
    Walker, La.
    I am curious to know what is total $$ invested to date for gun, finish, internals etc ?
    More into it than I care to think about!!! But for what I ended up with, I am happy. $185 for Cerakote, About $300 in parts and got the gun in a trade (it was ugly). No movement inside the gun when shaken, no take up slack in the trigger and a crisp break. Maybe 3 mm of total trigger travel!!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    More into it than I care to think about!!! But for what I ended up with, I am happy. $185 for Cerakote, About $300 in parts and got the gun in a trade (it was ugly). No movement inside the gun when shaken, no take up slack in the trigger and a crisp break. Maybe 3 mm of total trigger travel!!

The owner of LEW’s is a good friend of mine, glad to hear you had a good experience.

Top Bottom