200 Yard Highpower Match Sunday August 24th at Gonzales

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    Dan I am going to have to drop my wife off at work will it be OK if I show up at around 9:00?

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    scope

Hey guys, Id love to shoot in the match tomorrow. I have a new 20" SS bull barell AR, but havent been able to buy a scope yet. I have the gun rings and mounts. if ANYONE has a scope i can borrow, just for the afternoon, id love to go. Thanks, J

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Sorry Joker not a match for scopes. We do have National Match ARs that you can borrow for a $5 fee. I will have some extras tomorrow. Let me know if you are coming.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Everyone Interested In The Match Tomorrow, Please Check This Site After 8:00 Tonight. If There Is Any Change Due To The Weather, I Will Post Here.

Dan

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    Thanks for the call Dan!

I am having an issue with the Single round follower....

It wont lock the bolt open, it just rides over.

Any ideas?

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Single round follower. If it won't hold the bolt open, use a standard mag. I finally broke down and bought a Bob SLED. It is a magazine shaped, delerin single loading device. It really works well.

I do have a spare ECI that you could use, but i think that George has some for sale at the match.

Dan

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    If anyone is planning to go to the Gonzales match, and I do not already have their phone number, I would suggest your emailing me a phone number that you would answer at 6:00 tomorrow morning. 6:00 am is my fail safe time. I will decide whether I am going to the match then. If I have your number and you were expecting me to bring some equipment or ammo for you, I will give you a call and let you know whether I will be there.

As of right now, I am planning to go. However, I will get up and look at the weather radar in the morning and make my final decision.

Dan

dzelenka@couhigpartners.com

oldironsights

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2008
    Carriere, Mississippi
    This is an iron sight match. If you were to look at the rules, you would see that these types of matches are for "Service Rifles" and "Match Rifles". A Service Rifle is and M16A2 or A4 (not M4s), M14 or M1 Garand or their civilian counterparts. In order to qualify as a Service Rifle, the rifle must look like its service counterpart from the outside. There are modifications that are approved.

A Match Rifle is everything else. One thing that a match rifle must be capable of is holding 5 rounds. Most Match Rifles have front and rear aperture sights.

Service rifle is what most people start with because they are generally cheaper (a NM AR can be found for under $1,000) and they have great tradition that accompanies them. Older shooters who have troupble seeing a post sight will sometimes change to a match rifle for their better sights.

The only NRA maches that are shot locally with optics are "F Class" matches at Palo Alto. These are 60 shot prone matches fired at 600 yards.

If you need any more info, let me know.

Dan

Are these shoots limited to U.S. service rifles?
    I have the 03, 1917, 03A3, Garand, & a M14 match rifle.
    What about military rifles from other countries?
    My best bolt action military shooters hail from Finland, Sweden, Switzerland & Australia.
    I can regularly hit 12 inch round targets from 350 yds with these, but am not too proud of the lack of good grouping.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Next Saturday, August 30, there is a vintage military rifle match at Palo Alto in Donaldsonville, LA. All of the rifles that you mentioned including the foreign bolt rifles are legal for that match (except the match M14). The only rule is that they must be "as issued". No match modifications. I will probably shoot a K-31. All shooting is at 200 yards.

For a regular NRA match, the Garand and M14 shoot in the service rifle category and everything else is a match rifle.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Dan

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    About 10 or 12 people showed up this morning (I was not one of them). They decided that they didn't want to shoot in a steady rain. I called my crew (all of the shooters who were depending on my bringing equipment and ammo) at 5:30 am and "suggested" to them that it wasn't the best day to go shoot. It is killing me. I haven't fired a round since Perry.

Dan

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I almost wimped out due to weather on my end. I looked out the window a few times & went outside to scan the skies.

We ended up going. We had very light drizzles & some fun. It was a bowling pin match. Afterward the pins with the most damage got shot with a .500

A cinder block reacts differently when hit with a .22, .45 & .500. It has been confirmed. No need to call mythbusters.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Information on Upcoming matches

Fay fooled me and came in early. Ten came and after an hour decided it was too wet to shoot. Our match next month is on September 28. The weather will be much better. We will have a Garand/vintage military match at Palo Alto this Saturday. Cost is $15 for non PA members with 35 rounds of ammo/$12 for Palo Alto members. If you are shooting something beside 30-06 the cost is $4 for PA menbers and $7 for non Palo Alto members. Be there by 8:00 AM as the gates will be closed after that.

There will also be a Garand match at the Honey Island range on Labor Day. Cost is $15 for adults-$5 juniors. Registration 7:30-8:30. Bring your own ammo. The range is off exit 5B on I59. Range capicity is 30. Download a registration form at honeyisland223@aol.com or get one by e-mail from www.honeyisland.org. Hope to see you Saturday. If you need to borrow a rifle for Saturday let me know.

George Serrett

Top Bottom