2011 Dodge Charger "Persuit"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    The Dodge Charger Pursuit is described by the company as a combination of tactical technology, safety, power and efficiency

DETROIT — America’s high-performance police vehicle — the all-new 2011 Dodge Charger Pursuit — has arrived, providing law-enforcement the best combination of tactical technology, safety, power, efficiency and an iconic design that makes any suspect stop in a panic.

The all-new Dodge Charger Pursuit’s performance suspension tuning, heavy-duty anti-lock vented-disc brakes (ABS), front- and rear-stabilizer bars, 18-inch performance tires on steel wheels and two-mode police-specific Electronic Stability Control (ESC) calibration make it hot-pursuit ready. For world-class ride and performance handling dynamics, the Dodge Charger Pursuit features a rear-wheel drive design and redesigned front and rear multi-link suspension geometries to deliver a smooth comfortable ride for law enforcement officers who spend long days protecting our streets.

Designed with the guidance of the brand’s Police Advisory Board, the 2011 Dodge Charger Pursuit’s mobile-command interior features a Police Interface Module for easy equipment integration, police-duty front seats, column-mounted automatic transmission with Auto Stick, red/white LED interior lighting for night-vision equipment and more.

Dodge Charger Pursuit surrounds the heroic men and women who protect us with uncompromising safety and security equipment, including standard advanced multistage driver and front-passenger air bags, seat-mounted side-thorax air bags, supplemental side-curtain air bags for front and rear outboard passengers, driver’s knee bag, tire-pressure monitoring and more.

Behind its sinister face, the Dodge Charger Pursuit offers an all-new standard E-85 capable 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine with variable-valve timing (VVT) and available legendary 5.7-liter HEMI™ V-8 engine with fuel-saving Multi-displacement System (MDS), horsepower is unkown.

The all-new 2011 Dodge Charger Pursuit will be available for ordering in September 2010 through Chrysler Group LLC’s fleet operations.

attachment.php

attachment.php

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    That ad sounds just like the lines from the Blues Brothers....

[Elwood Blues Jake Blues has a fight over the police car Elwood Blues got after he traded away the original bluesmobile for a microphone]
    Elwood: You don't like it?
    Jake: No I don't like it...
    [Elwood Blues floors the pedal and jumps over an open drawbridge]
    Jake: Car's got a lot of pickup.
    Elwood: It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
    [a brief thinking pause while Jake attempts to light a cigarette]
    Jake: Fix the cigarette lighter.

Last edited:

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    I'm not talking about drivetrains from the '70s. The issue is quality control with Chrysler, the badge or make is inconsequential. They stick a decent drivetrain into a lead boat.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I'm not talking about drivetrains from the '70s. The issue is quality control with Chrysler, the badge or make is inconsequential. They stick a decent drivetrain into a lead boat.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you don't have a whole lot of experience with the Dodge Police Charger.

They fixed that flaming brakes thing years ago.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I respect LSP972, so I will let his Chevrolet comment slide.

While my Chevrolet Silverado has been in the body shop this week, the gentleman who's insurance is paying for the repairs has rented me a vehicle.

Its a 2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Quad Cab. The engine in this truck is absolutely amazing.

Yes, its a Dodge. And I personally have owned several Dodge/Plymouth/Chryslers over the years, and yes, they are hit or miss. They're either great cars or absolute trash.

Anyway, if the new Chargers engine is anything like this 5.7, its a force to be reckoned with.

It will bring that big truck from a stop to well over the speed limit VERY fast and you wont even squeal a tire. I've had it over 100 several times, and it feels like it would go 200.

I wasn't a big fan of the 70's Challengers, and I'm a Camaro man from way back, although, in the new models, IMHO the Challenger blows the Camaro away in looks and performance.

JustinB

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Metairie
    I wasn't a big fan of the 70's Challengers, and I'm a Camaro man from way back, although, in the new models, IMHO the Challenger blows the Camaro away in looks and performance.

I like the Challenger a lot too but they seriously need to cut about 400-500 pounds off of it. It is morbidly obese.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    There has been no better vehicle produced than the Pontiac Aztek. Even the spelling is innovative, just like the Persuit.

Look at those lines. They're like the blocks I played with as a toddler.

63202aztek1lgjp_00000023576.jpg

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    The Pontiac Aztek -

Ranked as the 34th Worst Invention of All Time. (Time Magazine, 2010)
    Ranked as #1 of "The 100 Ugliest Cars" (UK Telegraph, 2008)

Some people just don't appreciate advances in technology.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    Neighbor worked for GM. During one of the big conference calls someone mentioned that when you look up butt ugly in the dictionary the newest edition of Websters has a picture of an Aztek. Needless to say everyone of the supervisors ended up driving one of these things for 6 months. Neighbor would need a pickup, borrow mine and try to leave the Aztek on the driveway. I told him don't even park the thing on the street and I won't need an alternate ride while he was using the Chevy.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    That ad sounds just like the lines from the Blues Brothers....

[Elwood Blues Jake Blues has a fight over the police car Elwood Blues got after he traded away the original bluesmobile for a microphone]
    Elwood: You don't like it?
    Jake: No I don't like it...
    [Elwood Blues floors the pedal and jumps over an open drawbridge]
    Jake: Car's got a lot of pickup.
    Elwood: It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
    [a brief thinking pause while Jake attempts to light a cigarette]
    Jake: Fix the cigarette lighter.
    I love that ****.:D
    [YOUTUBE]yil9wlfa0yo[/YOUTUBE]

kdoske

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Ponchatoula
    oh great more 4000lb 'Pursuit' vehicles. Sorry the but the challenger is just to heavy of a vehicle to make it a real pursuit vehicle. Even with the Hemi V8 its still not very fast. Having said that the v8's aren't very common because of the cost to t he department. That v8 engine challenger is super expensive. Having said all that, even if you are lucky enough to get the v8 version, the Challenger still drives like an old Cadillac Sedan.

But hey, it looks cool.....

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Good Lord...

One wonders what the little rack on the front is for... sure as hell ain't a push bumper.

You make a funny... but it isn't too far off the mark. When I started, state troopers didn't even have portable radios.

The bar was for handcuffing the suspect to while you were waiting for the skip to die down so the dispatcher could copy you on the old 39mhz radio. :D

Top Bottom