2013 Tropical Weather Activity

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    7awolue0w02hlysm1wky.bmp

According to the weather nuts over on storm2k.org who have been tracking the latest tropical disturbance Invest 98L since yesterday morning this one faces a tough obstacle in the form of Saharan Dust that's blowing across the Atlantic Ocean. Yup. I kid you not, the remnants of an African dust storm can potentially interfere with the formation of a tropical depression. Who knew?

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    How did I miss this:

Originally Posted by docadams;
    We got hit with a triple solar flare over the weekend and into Monday. An X 3.2; an X 2.8 and an X 1.7. On Monday when the X 3.2 erupted, the Mariana’s trench suffered a 7.0 underwater earthquake. So I’m not surprised by the early start to the tropical storm season.

In 05’ the sun produced an X-45 flare (the second largest X flare recorded in human history) that missed the earth by two days in our orbit around the sun. A glancing blow. Within 4 days a tropical storm that would become Katrina appeared off the African coast and the great rift opened up in Ethiopia. Within a month Katrina, Rita, Wilma, and Stan were in the record books.

Stan was not a problem for the United States, it made landfall into Central America a week after the area was hit with an earthquake and a volcanic eruption. The rain from Stan caused massive landslides and a lot of people died.

We are currently in Solar Cycle 24 and the sun was supposed to reach its maximum intensity for solar activity in March (13’), however it did not do that. The sun didn’t peak as predicted, just like it did in 2001. In 2001 the sun had a *soft peak* and re-peaked again in 2005. If the sun is following that pattern it should re-peak again in 2015 / 2016. But some solar observers think we are going straight into a solar minimum that will last 20 years with no sun spot activity. The last time the sun was that quiet was in the mid-1500’s, during the period known as the *little Ice age*.

Again I’ll state for the record that I believe the Gulf Stream conveyer is faltering due to a disruption of the salinity in the Northern Atlantic. This should concentrate more heat along the Earth’s equator and the only way to equalize the extremes in temperature will be an increase in the tropical storm frequency and intensity.

But I’m praying that they go somewhere else too.

If true then global warming is NOT man made......

Lokin4AReason

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    behind a desk ....
    we dont need any hiccups this year ....

i hope that it will be a calm year .... but stocking up isnt a bad idea ...

no telling for one that is going to hit, it ll be a crazy house at the stores n markets to buy up supplies ....

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Looks somewhat like the path of the last one....Way too far out there to tell where it's headed, yet...:dunno:

BP8EiK3CAAAyu4u.gif:large

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    How did I miss this:

We got hit with a triple solar flare over the weekend and into Monday. An X 3.2; an X 2.8 and an X 1.7. On Monday when the X 3.2 erupted, the Mariana’s trench suffered a 7.0 underwater earthquake. So I’m not surprised by the early start to the tropical storm season.

In 05’ the sun produced an X-45 flare (the second largest X flare recorded in human history) that missed the earth by two days in our orbit around the sun. A glancing blow. Within 4 days a tropical storm that would become Katrina appeared off the African coast and the great rift opened up in Ethiopia. Within a month Katrina, Rita, Wilma, and Stan were in the record books.

Stan was not a problem for the United States, it made landfall into Central America a week after the area was hit with an earthquake and a volcanic eruption. The rain from Stan caused massive landslides and a lot of people died.

We are currently in Solar Cycle 24 and the sun was supposed to reach its maximum intensity for solar activity in March (13’), however it did not do that. The sun didn’t peak as predicted, just like it did in 2001. In 2001 the sun had a *soft peak* and re-peaked again in 2005. If the sun is following that pattern it should re-peak again in 2015 / 2016. But some solar observers think we are going straight into a solar minimum that will last 20 years with no sun spot activity. The last time the sun was that quiet was in the mid-1500’s, during the period known as the *little Ice age*.

Again I’ll state for the record that I believe the Gulf Stream conveyer is faltering due to a disruption of the salinity in the Northern Atlantic. This should concentrate more heat along the Earth’s equator and the only way to equalize the extremes in temperature will be an increase in the tropical storm frequency and intensity.

But I’m praying that they go somewhere else too.

If true then global warming is NOT man made......

Where'd you read this?

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky

Balance snipped for brevity.
    +-+-+
    What is in the scientific literature about the apparent correlations?

Citations?

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011

Balance snipped for brevity.
    +-+-+
    What is in the scientific literature about the apparent correlations?

Citations?

That's what I was getting it. I didn't realize that it came from the forum, referring to another forum, apparently (I'd hope) stemming from some expertise. I was hoping to get linked back to the source.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom