.223/5.56 in BR area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpartanSoul

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Anyone know of any decent brass cased .223/5.56 available in the Baton Rouge area at a better price than the 100 round 55gr Federal value packs for $39.97 at Walmart?

About the only thing else I can find is high priced at Cabela's. Is 40 cents per round the best it gets? I like how the value packs shoot but I'm open to other options that are available locally.

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    40 cents per brass round is a very good price right now.

You can get cheeper steel (30-34cents) though. I would buy those 100 round value packs

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Nope.. and if you spotted some at a Walmart, that was the last you seen of them, they will be gone before you return.

You either have to search out a deal online, and buy in bulk.

SpartanSoul

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The Seigen lane store had 4800rds earlier today and they had 4400rds last week. It does sell out but it takes a few days. I've had better luck finding the .223 than 9mm.

I think I better go get some. I already received a private message asking which store. I thought it was an ok deal but I'll go pick some up before it's all gone again while I get nothing for being greedy.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    The Seigen lane store had 4800rds earlier today and they had 4400rds last week. It does sell out but it takes a few days. I've had better luck finding the .223 than 9mm.

I think I better go get some. I already received a private message asking which store. I thought it was an ok deal but I'll go pick some up before it's all gone again while I get nothing for being greedy.

Thanks for the lead, enrt now.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Also, if anyone NEEDS ammo, Waggenspack has probably 50+ cases of federal XM193, and had a stack of cases of PMC as well, but it was not cheap. I think he was asking $250 for a 500 rd case, or $450 per K for the Fed XM193

SpartanSoul

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    You're welcome for the lead, I got quite a few last week and after seeing them again I wasn't sure if I should "back the truck" up or not. Hopefully they will get some in regularly so I can get a few each week so the wife stays happy.

If I see them there again I'll be sure to post... after i get mine.:D

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    I didn't go get any.. I just got a shipment in last week. But if I do get a lead on ammo, word to the wise, I only post it in the Premium members section. That or a select few get a dime dropped via text or call.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Ya'll could go out and show some support for our sponsors (WallyWorld is not a sponsor) and get some from them. Get a group together and go talk to a sponsor and ask for a BS break. Buy a bunch at one time and have fun. Keep our money in our state. I'm not trying to ruffle anyone's butt checks, however these are the folks that live and work here. They shoot with us and are the people we go to when we need something fast. Remember WallyWorld pulled there ammo and guns after the Big Storm. The little guy is the one who stood with us. Alright I'll get off my shoe box.

Beauxdog :doh:

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    I checked with one of our sponsors yesterday and he was selling M855 for 17.95/20. and selling wolf 62gr steel cased for $13.00/box

I'd love to support a sponsor, but damn...

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    What does gas cost to run all over town to the different WW's looking for ammo? Just to get one box at one store and find one store is out. Like I said get in-touch with with a sponsor and ask for a BS discount, can't hurt.

Beauxdog :)

Top Bottom