.223/5.56 in BR area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tb2

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    BR, LA
    Figure i will give an update. I was just at academy and wall mart on seigan lane. The academy had no, i repeat 0 boxes of 223 on thier rifle bullet shelves. I did not look behind the counter to see if they moved it, but there were none, not even price tags, on the isle shelf.

As for walmart, i picked up some 22 lr and 22 mag, but they were completly out of any type of handgun ammo, and only had two 50 round boxes of 223 left. Dont ask me why i didnt pick up the 223, i wasnt thinking. Right now its slim pickings at thoes two spots. I didnt go to jims, so they may have some, but probably not as cheap as academy usualy does.

LeftyDiego

Lefty Diego
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    West of the Pecos
    Dicks has UMC 223 in 200 round packs and American Eagle 9mm on the shelf. Also a couple of bulk 45. Not sure of the prices bu they have it as of today. (Friday).

SpartanSoul

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    beauxdog, I’m new here and most certainly did not mean to step on any toes. For full disclosure I actually work at Walmart so my extra discount makes it hard for me to find cheaper range ammo most of the time.

The reason I posted was to see if any of the local shops, sponsors included, had any good deals because I do believe in supporting the local guys too. I stumbled across this site by seeing a guy in Walmart that had a bayoushooter.com tshirt on and figured it would be a good place to ask.

I actually have supported both Louisiana Reloading Supply and Waggenspack Gun & Reloading in the past and will continue to do so in the future because they were very patient and helpful when I first started looking into reloading.

That being said I support the view expressed by goodburbon also. With a child in private school and other things going on in life I can’t always just drop $1000 to get a good bulk price on ammo. Walmart, and others such as Academy, fill a need but leave much lacking. Where the big boxes leave off the locals pick up. There is place for local and big box stores it doesn’t have to be one or the other.

As far as the Federal value packs go, they went fast but more are hopefully on the way, I’ll try to post a heads up so the board members that are interested can have a shot at some.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    The reason I posted was to see if any of the local shops, sponsors included, had any good deals because I do believe in supporting the local guys too. I stumbled across this site by seeing a guy in Walmart that had a bayoushooter.com tshirt on and figured it would be a good place to ask.

So I'm trying to figure out which member you saw. Was the perp a fat ass or a big guy with a fat ass?

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    To SpartanSoul,

I wasn't trying to step on anyones' toes or get the Moderators mad at me again. I just figure we as a group go around and ask for sponsors to pay up and support this site. It's for members, from members, to help members. We should help out the people that supply the money to keep this site running. I still buy from WW and other places, but I fail to see how running around the city saves one any money. I don't have any kids in private school now days, my money and yours (TOPS) goes to LSU. I do know what it's like to have kids in school and just starting out. Been there, done that. But so have our sponsors.

Trying going to WW or Academy and ask for help with sponsorship at matches. I really don't think you'll get a whole lot of help. I've seen the local gun shops pay up, even though they will not get the money back in sales due to a lot of the shooter are from out of town. yet, these folks continue to give us their support.

Times are tough for all of us. Both sponsors and shooters alike. We can support each other or we will be at the mercy of the big chain stores and the like. I say again remember what happened after Katrina. Only folks like La. Guns, Jims, Hebert's and Precision were open. The big chains pulled their ammo and guns off the market on request from the local L/E. I for one don't want to say the POLICE will protect me. I know better and I want to be able to protect myself and my family.

If the members would ban together and talk to the sponsors about getting a break when they purchase ammo in bulk, I think they can save time and money.

Time for me to get off the shoe box.

Bryan
    "Beauxdog"
    L-2311

Hey Spanky, is this better?

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    What the **** is wrong with you? Every time we go home now we always say how shitty BR is becoming. If my wife said she wanted to move back I'd have to slap the **** out of her till she came to her senses

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Ya'll could go out and show some support for our sponsors (WallyWorld is not a sponsor) and get some from them. Get a group together and go talk to a sponsor and ask for a BS break. Buy a bunch at one time and have fun. Keep our money in our state. I'm not trying to ruffle anyone's butt checks, however these are the folks that live and work here. They shoot with us and are the people we go to when we need something fast. Remember WallyWorld pulled there ammo and guns after the Big Storm. The little guy is the one who stood with us. Alright I'll get off my shoe box.

Beauxdog :doh:

Problem is that Wally World is always cheaper. I even have my wife looking for 223 and 9 mm. God bless her she found a case of WWB 9mm at the Zachary Wally World one Sat Morning. She knows if she sees the magical 100 rd value packs of Remmington 223 (not WSSM, she was trying to do the right thing) to grab em cause they seem to disappear if you blink.

Another reason we go to Wally World is because it is down the street and we dont have to drive to BR or south.

Top Bottom