>223 75 gr Match Ammo For Sale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    Sonfa B!!!

It was $419 Friday, I was going to call Monday and get a case...

I have used the Wolf Gold which is the same stuff from the same line and same components and it seems to be great stuff but I have not run enough groups yet to trust it.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    This is new ammo in new brass.

I get Black Hills remanufactured 75 match for the juniors. It shoots good, but I have had enough case failures that I wouldn't use it for defense (unless it was last resort). I stocked up on newly manufactured Black Hills 75 match for SHTF work. I paid around $500 per 1000 for it.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I call ******** based on my own experience . I NEVER said Wolf was match grade , but his anology about accuracy no better than the end of the driveway IS ******** .
    I have fired thousands of rounds of Wolf , in several different calibers . I have never had any more issues with it than any other brand of factory ammo . If you'r scared to shoot Wolf in your guns , then I wouldn't trust my life to them . I consider all of my guns to be SHTF weapons and they better be able to digest anything I load in them . So far they do .

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Since the thread was merely a courtesy to those folks who are looking for match grade ammo in .223, your post was really irrelevent and not intended to add anything useful. I took it as being pretty troll-like. There are a number of board members who shoot highpower at distances out to 600 yds. Non-match ammo becomes quite problematic beyond 300 yds (although the Marines do shoot M855 out to 500 yds). Further, it does not have the requisite accuracy beyond the 200 yd stage. I was exagerating when I reduced the distance to the length of the driveway, my apologies. However, if you have such great faith in Wolf ammo, you are welcome to come shoot a match with it. I must say though, no highpower shooter that I know shoots the Wolf ammo to which you refer.

I also stand by my statement concerning not shooting it in a gun that you like. Why would you put laquered steel in your gun when brass is available? For me, I only put good ammo in mine which means my handloads or ammo made by a US or NATO manufacturer. I guess that I am just picky.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Wow , troll like ? That would cover the majority of the posts on most threads . :D
    I believe I stated at least twice that the WOLF wasn't match grade , and nowhere did I advocate shooting it in a match . This is a discussion forum after all , but if you were offended , then I offer my sincere apology .

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Not offended, but what was there to discus? I was merely notifying any interested person that the ammo was available. I wasn't advocating it or even commenting on it. However, there are non-handloaders who need heavy bullet match loads for the longer ranges. Not pop and giggle ammo.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    That could be the issue. I would think that 75s are marginal in a 1:9. Some shoot them, some don't. Just because it says 1:9 doesn't mean it is exactly 1:9. For the 77s I like a 1:7 or 1:6.5. There are a number of us that believe they shoot 77s better than the 1:8s.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Ballistics is a quirky thing. Sometimes I think there is some voodoo involved. Why a load will shoot in one gun and not another or why one bullet will shoot and a similar one won't is a mystery that elludes me more often than not.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Ballistics is a quirky thing. Sometimes I think there is some voodoo involved. Why a load will shoot in one gun and not another or why one bullet will shoot and a similar one won't is a mystery that elludes me more often than not.

It's all in how you hold your jaw when you pull the trigger. ;)

Top Bottom