<$25 firearm transfer?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    Yup you are right. Its me, not you.

You are the male Karen that walks into a Walmart and sees a thousand dollar item and knows its mispriced on the shelf and yells and pouts like a teenager because they wont sell it to you for a dollar, although anyone rational knows they left off the zeros when they put it on the shelf.

Just like no one here believes you got five rifles at 60% off list, which was below the FFL's cost so he decided to charge you for it. That means your friends and family deal got it for under dealer and actually under wholesale cost. Must be a great friend or family to take a loss on five guns just to sell them to you. Heck of a

Yup you are right. Its me, not you.

You are the male Karen that walks into a Walmart and sees a thousand dollar item and knows its mispriced on the shelf and yells and pouts like a teenager because they wont sell it to you for a dollar, although anyone rational knows they left off the zeros when they put it on the shelf.

Just like no one here believes you got five rifles at 60% off list, which was below the FFL's cost so he decided to charge you for it. That means your friends and family deal got it for under dealer and actually under wholesale cost. Must be a great friend or family to take a loss on five guns just to sell them to you. Heck of a business.
    You’ll notice the cover of the box shows my name with EMP at the front in the PO section. That stands for employee (which was the employee discount I spoke of). You’ll also notice the company names remington (freedom group) and the store I mentioned which has since gone out of business.

The other photo is of the same original box with the 5 ARs I mentioned (serial numbers blacked out) and you’ll notice today’s date and tonight’s time to validate my story in the phone screen.

You mind telling me which gun store you own since I validated my story? I think it’s only fair

Attachments

• IMG_1168.jpeg
      IMG_1168.jpeg
      481.5 KB · Views: 25
    • IMG_0678.jpeg
      IMG_0678.jpeg
      546.3 KB · Views: 27

Bigboi

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2018
    southwest LA
    I found a new local place after the gunshop i used to go to went up to $50 or if you spend $100 they waive the fee completely opposite from how they have been doing it over the past 5 years. Just kept going up and up then they got pissed for whatever reason because some dude used unused puppy pads as packing material (tbh think it may be a big brain move right there keeps the moister from getting to the gun).

guy I found does it for $25 just have to wait for the dude to get home and somewhat schedule for pick up which is no big deal we both work just pick it up after work. There is a place in Lafayette that does transfers for $10 but you really need to do a hard schedule with them date and time type of thing.

called around for some pricing and to see if some are still open a couple of them refuse to do transfers from certain companies which is fine but one complained that palmetto is undercutting them by $20 all the time but another shop doing the same thing said its because they dont include certain info which makes way more sense. Like I wont pass on something in a shop if its $100 more if its $200 I got to really want it but most of the time I am saving hundreds. For my mp5 I have I literally saved like 2k guys at the shop I used to go to they huddled around me and tried to sweet talk me into buying the century mke the day after they dipped hard. Their faces went into agony because they where putting so much hope into swindling me. Them acting like they are doing a service to the community makes me laugh. tbh I like them really do but f**k are they hypocrites.

the new guy I go to told me gun shops have been getting on him and trying to get him to raise his transfer fees for literally nothing. Im guessing so they can get more money to offset their lavish spending idk.
    I just think gunshops have lost their sense of what they are meant for. meaning the only reason they exist is because they are federally mandated if it wasnt for that I probably would never step foot into another shop again do it the old fashion way 55 years ago literally know ppl still alive who remember doing that pretty funny ngl. Does it really take so much time to do a transfer right like if you are that scared to make sure some numbers are right in the 3 days the atf says you have to put them in and it being electronic pretty much everywhere now I think you really need to take a computer class or go back to school. and if its not that big of a deal then why is this guy still doing paper forms for $25 with a good amount of business.

oy vey then there is the shop that sold me a python after they after I asked the guy if the revolver is good to go with no obvious issues then it had no rifling on the entire right side and they literally wanted nothing to do with me besides getting hostile after I polity asked what can they do to help or fix this. knew I shouldnt have taken their word but the dude gave me his word I guess im just too old fashion to think ppl can still be good especially a local shop. some drop shippers I have done business with treated me better than most Louisiana shops.
    colt.jpg
    gunshop.png

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Well in a better world, if the buyer and the seller exchange credentials and ID on a private Bill of Sale, that should suffice.
    But that's only for private sales. If you order a firearm online it has to be shipped to a FFL. A lot of people (self included) exclusively buy new firearms.

Griz375

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2022
    901 AC
    But that's only for private sales. If you order a firearm online it has to be shipped to a FFL. A lot of people (self included) exclusively buy new firearms.
    Been known to buy anything that fits me and goes bang, new or used.

I know I'm required to transfer all new or out of state firearm purchases via an FFL but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I honestly had no idea that was a thing. I can promise you I’m not going to throw my FFL under the bus though because evidently they must like me and I’d like to keep things that way lol. I will say though when I buy something I always check with my FFL first. If they don’t have it or can’t get it then I’ll place an order. I’m not the type to nickle and dime trying to save $50 on a Glock 19.
    I’m going with full charge for each firearm is not the norm. Big Jake Welch did the transfer on a few multiples of lowers for me as well as other firearms in groups and always charged me for one transfer. The guy I go to now is the same. All the numbers used to go on the same form, but as much as the ATF has fooled with the 4473 lately, I’m sure I have no idea. Others I’ve used in the past either did the same or an additional 5-10 bucks per firearm, but I can only remember that happening once at one of the pawn shops in Denham nearly 15 years ago. Otherwise I wasn’t charged any extra. FFL’s must just like me more than some folks, huh.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Dont forget, stop what they are doing to go tell the person that was waiting in the parking lot, like a fuking FedEx stalker, that their gun isn't ready and to stop coming in the store till they get a phone call.

They actually do this !
    I can’t say I’ve done this personally but I can definitely see myself doing it LMAO.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    And remember to buy them somewhere else and bring them in to me, dont buy mine....Then ask me to only charge for one of them, since its the same exact logo on all five.
    Man, I think I've been overpaying, I didn't realize the five for one price was an option.
    Just yanking your chain, but as usual on BS, I am enjoying the back and forth. Now, where's my popcorn?

Top Bottom