Naked man in your yard, what do you do?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    You could say he had a potential weapon in his hand.:zombie:
    Police: Resident Fires Warning Shot As Partially Nude, Mumbling Man Approaches Him

Officers Find Discarded Wallet, ID In Homeowner's Backyard

LEBANON, Pa. -- Police said a Lebanon resident fired a gun at a man wandering around his yard early Sunday morning.

Michael Hummer, 30, who lives in the 200 block of Locust Street, told police that he was awakened by loud thumping noises around 3 a.m. Sunday. Hummer grabbed his handgun and went downstairs to see what was going on, police said.

"He observed a male on the ground in his rear yard in a fetal position. He then observed the male walk around the side of his house to his front yard," a police news release stated.

Hummer walked out to his front porch and said he saw the man standing in his yard, mumbling incoherently.

"The male was nude with the exception of a T-shirt. Hummer stated that he did not believe the male was intoxicated. Hummer stated that the male walked toward while holding his genitalia, so he fired a shot into the air with his handgun to scare him off," the police release stated.

After Hummer fired the shot, police said he told them the man ran eastbound on Locust Street.

Police said when they searched Hummer's back yard, they found clothing and a wallet that they believe belonged to the man. They said the ID in the wallet is for a 47-year-old Scranton man and that the description provided by Hummer matches the ID.

Police said they found the 47-year-old man on Monday and that their investigation is ongoing. They have not identified the man.

Police added that while the man's ID indicates he is from Scranton, he currently has a local address.
    http://www.wgal.com/news/22074462/detail.html

:)

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Why do people fire warning shots into the air as opposed to into the ground/dirt? Never understood that.
    Shooting into the ground can be just as dangerous. The ground/dirt can contain rocks/gravels, tree roots, etc. that the bullet can bounce off of.

There was an episode of The First 48 where there was a fight and someone pulled out a gun. The shooter shot fired a couple into the ground. One ricocheted back up and hit a guy in the femoral artery in his leg; bleed to death running away.

:)

Last edited:

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I can't pass up a comment on the wonderfully ironic name of the homeowner vis-a-vis the act of the trespasser. Hummer? You can't make that up.:rofl:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If it's me, I call the cops, or knock his ass out if he continues to approach me.

Here's an interesting question, though. What if he's not approaching me- what if he's approaching a woman attempting to overpower her and drag her into her front door? I would think- and hope- that would be a different scenario....

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    No reason to use your gun since a naked man is obviously (hopefully?) unarmed. Lock the door and call 911.

You do not have to be armed to be a threat to life or cause great bodily harm, especially in this situation. If the guy was naked in public, he very well is mentally unstable/on drugs and poses a great threat. You could justify that use of force with a good statement of the facts and the fact that he feared for his life.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Naked man in your yard, what do you do?

Join him in a frolic of hippy love. Move on to the neighbors and invite them to do the same. Hope the movement spreads virally across America and we come to realize the children are our future.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Sounds like a schizophrenic off his meds. Firing a warning shot will probably have little effect on him. Lock the doors and call the police. Have camcorder ready to film the entertainment when the police get there. :rofl:

atc26

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2007
    Livingston, Louisiana
    Sounds like the guy was either mentally disturbed, or more than likely high on something. Either way I wouldn't try to fight him, particularly if he stayed in my yard. Calling 911 from behind locked doors sounds like a better option. If he should become aggressive or try to break in ... oh, well ... do what you got to do!

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Sounds like the guy was either mentally disturbed, or more than likely high on something. Either way I wouldn't try to fight him, particularly if he stayed in my yard. Calling 911 from behind locked doors sounds like a better option. If he should become aggressive or try to break in ... oh, well ... do what you got to do!

Agree . Confronting the guy outside is asking for trouble . I have no desire to shoot anybody , and it could very well come to that .

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Lock Door Call 911 tell dispatch to be on alert on arrival to scene of BLUE BALLS SYNDROME Due to 28 degree temperatures :rofl:

It was PA not LA here's the weather report.

Today
    Partly sunny with morning flurries. Blustery. Highs in the mid 20s. Northwest winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph

With that kind of weather how did they know it was a man. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom