3 Arrested for AK-47 Full Auto Conversion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'd bet they converted it using a readily available original FA trigger kit. It's an AK, so you know it ain't rocket surgery. Just an extra hole and pin. And if they were dumb enough to do it and dumb enough to film it...I'm sure they were probably dumb enough to describe how they did it on the video.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Seriously, bro? Where the hell did I say anything about "stupid stupid police"??? You got a chip on your shoulder or something? Do you actually think someone would have to be stupid stupid to think the Slidefire is illegal? Hell, I'm still not totally convinced myself.
    You are right, my apologies. I should have stayed out of it.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I went to school with two of these idiots. I know for sure that guy Blake has done drugs for years. His brother was supposedly an alright guy but he does have machinery experience from what I have been told. The Stevens kid was a douche in high school and a moron.
    I hope they get locked up for a while.

If it really is only a slide fire..... I feel sorry for the APSO. Hope it scared the hell out the idiots though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Yes and occasionally you would also hear about some of the full auto internal parts showing up in the bottom of old build kits. It's just an extra piece for retarding the hammer.

I don't know that I've ever seen a kit that didn't have them. I have a bucket full of them.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I don't know that I've ever seen a kit that didn't have them. I have a bucket full of them.

Shhhhh! If you say that out loud, there's liable to be a story about it on the news tomorrow.

"This just in: A local Louisiana Gunsmith and part time Exotic Dancer was discovered to have a bucket full of machine gun parts. Sources say he just had them sitting out in his yard across the street where children are known to play. Charges are pending as soon as the local BATFE Agents assigned to the case can figure out what to charge him with. At this moment they are waiting patiently on the street outside the Gunsmith's Residence / Gentleman's Club while a locksmith is in route. Apparently one of the agents locked their keys in their vehicle and had to call a locksmith to come free the other agent trapped inside. We will be updating this story live as more information comes in."

Ferrara Fire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Shhhhh! If you say that out loud, there's liable to be a story about it on the news tomorrow.

"This just in: A local Louisiana Gunsmith and part time Exotic Dancer was discovered to have a bucket full of machine gun parts. Sources say he just had them sitting out in his yard across the street where children are known to play. Charges are pending as soon as the local BATFE Agents assigned to the case can figure out what to charge him with. At this moment they are waiting patiently on the street outside the Gunsmith's Residence / Gentleman's Club while a locksmith is in route. Apparently one of the agents locked their keys in their vehicle and had to call a locksmith to come free the other agent trapped inside. We will be updating this story live as more information comes in."

You know this could happen, but constructive intent doesn't apply to FFL's and we both have 07/C2 licenses, like I said, All NFA rules apply, we will tell the ATF after they are made on a F2

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Its been about that long or a bit more since I have seen him.

I dealt 21 to him at the old Belle of Baton Rouge on a number of occasions. He is a true gentleman and a person of genuine class. I can truthfully say that he is the only person I actually hated taking money from. Regardless, no matter the amount, he would smile, thank me for a good job and tip generously. Never an unkind word.

To this day, when I pass his shop, I have positive memories of him, and good wishes for his continued success.

Given the opportunity, he is the kind of man I would welcome into my circle of friends.

[/hijack]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom