5gal buckets w/ lids

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    they are all gone, i will have more next weekend. jobonette is next then derf then rock.

let me add that i will never understand the fascination with the damn buckets, what do you crazy folks do with these things? i've seriously thrown away thousands of these things

Cool, thanks Witness!

rapaint66

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    South Baton Rouge
    they are all gone, i will have more next weekend. jobonette is next then derf then rock.

let me add that i will never understand the fascination with the damn buckets, what do you crazy folks do with these things? i've seriously thrown away thousands of these things

used to brine large hunks of meat for grilling and also used for making homemade brew......

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Throw me down on the list too. I didn't see how many you end up with weekly but if I could have 5 w/lids that would be super duper. :D thx

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'm going to make a hanging garden.

There were 9 buckets, I ended up needing 8...so I have 1 left over that I'll keep for back up. lol

Sorry it took me so long to reply, been on the move.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    bucket list

I would like to be on the list as well, I will pay a buck a piece if they have a lid, great for burying ammo, or most anything

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel

Use your imagination. They are good for sssoooo much stuff. While we don't use the same type you have we do have cats and that means CAT LITTER BUCKETS. We have a couple dozen cat litter buckets around here filled with all sorts of stuff.
    My lady keeps her yarn and knitting/crochet items in some. We put photos and other documents on others. The lids lock down tight and protect what's inside.
    When we evaced during Gustav we even put our change of clothes in a few and they went into the trunk of the car.
    Someone mentined hanging gardens. They are great for container gardens out on the deck or porch.
    I had a few posts I had to set in concrete while doing a yard project. I mixed the concrete in one of the 5 gallon cat litter buckets.
    I have one near my ham radio/scanner desk which holds a buch of little parts and peices I don't often use but don't want to throw away. I've even used one to carry my gear when going out with my ham radio club to to public service at charity events. Just put the coax and other stuff in the bucket, put the lid on and put it in the car. I have one bucket just for my Amateur Television (hamtv) stuff.
    I have one as a wastebasket next to my bed and one in each bathroom too. I also have one in the utility room near the washer and drier as a wastebasket for drier lint, used fabric sheets and even empty Tide bottles.
    When we get a bag of cat food home from the store we pour it into a pair of litter buckets near where we feed the cats. The food says fresher because the lids are tight and it keeps air out. Bugs too. Roaches like to get into the cat food bags if you leave them open and partially full. The buckets prevent that. I HATE going to feed the pets and having a huge black roach come up out of the bag and run up my arm. :eek3::eek3:
    So many uses for cat litter buckets or cake icing buckets.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom