AAR for Reloading Clinic

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beauxdog

Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    10 students showed up for the reloading clinic at Louisiana Gun this morning. Lanny showed the students how to properly set-up the reloading dies and powder drops. He explained cartridge headspace and how to adjust dies for either bolt guns or auto guns. The class lasted 3 1/2 hours and everyone learned something, even Killer.

I would like to thank Lanny for taking the time to come out, setup everything and teach this class. Lanny receives nothing for teaching the class, all the funds are sent to the Palo Alto Rifle and Pistol and used to promote their Junior Program.

If anyone is interested in attending another reloading clinic, they can contact me by sending a PM on this web site or by calling the store @ 225-389-6077. We would like to hold another class if there is intrest later this year.

Thanks,

Bryan Guillory aka:Beauxdog

P.S. Someone from todays class left a note book with FMC on the cover. If you need it back I saved it and you can pick it up during store hours.

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I would like to thank Lanny and Bryan for the clinic today. I learned alot about rifle reloading and how if differs from handgun reloading. Lanny is an excellent instructor.

xmeister

xmeister
    Sep 21, 2010
    Prairieville
    Thanks for the kind words guys. Bryan, thank you for providing an excellent facility and for allowing us to have the class. You didn't mention that you and the shop received nothing from the class either, so thanks again for your generosity.

Every time I stop in the shop, I am amazed at the inventory you have. No matter for rifle or pistol, it is there. Keep up the good work!

Lanny

TimH

Jun 12, 2007
    Great class. Being new to reloading this class was invaluable to me. Thanks Lanny and Bryan for putting on this class.

P.S. That was me that left the notebook(der). I will stop by one evening to pick it up.

Last edited:

Hay-Wire

Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ditto everything said. Having never reloaded anything, I learned a lot from this class, and Lanny was an excellent pro-bono instructor.
    One question for the group, though:
    Lanny mentioned getting a good reloading manual / book. Any suggestions on a good one?
    I want to start reloading, but need to know things like powder types and amounts, primers, etc...

Bryan - when I'm ready to stock up on powder, primers, projectiles, walnut shells and other such things, I'm coming to see YOU!

TimH

Jun 12, 2007
    I have the lyman 49th edition, and ABC's of reloading. These were recommended to me by many as two good ones to get.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    Yes, thanks Lanny. Having learned all I know from reading, it was nice to compare against someone else's technique/tools. I saw a few things I might change in the future. Sinclair and MidwayUSA will probably owe you a commission.

As for me, I have gotten more mileage out of Sierra and Hornady's manuals but that probably because I prefer their bullets. I refer to them all from time to time.

Top Bottom