Airgun dieseling with oil explodong pellets

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLzEqfRVeOA[/ame]

After the treatment I took my B-42 and decided to test it. I used "Crosman Pointed pellets" and I shot at a 3/4 inch thick piece of pine wood at 15 feet of distance and I checked the results. On the first shot the pellet almost went thru, on the 3rd shot the pellet went thru completely. I then shot off 5 more rounds and all of them went thru the 3/4 inch thick piece of pine wood with ease. I can safely say my B-42 is now shooting about 800 fps after dieseling. I believe the shot that went thru the pine was with the help of combustion and with a little help of combustion my B-4-2 might have reached up to 900 fps. The results were positive and great.

I then remembered that my new QB-36 had lost some of it's power and was not passing thru the 3/4 inch thick piece of pine, like it used to, I guess the oil dieseled too. I gave my QB-36 the same treatment. I then tested it and it went back to it's original power, 900 fps and was shooting thru the 3/4 inch piece of pine with ease.

Got this info off this website--FYI
    http://air_guns.tripod.com/restoring_air_gun_power.htm

Last edited:

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    That's what I think it is. The oil ignites and the pellet is fired at a much faster rate but that video didn't explain anything. I would like to know the velocity thru a chronograoh but the noise when fired with the oil sounded like supersonic to me. Had a crack to it.

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    It works, I have a 1100 FPS gun that shoots 1450 with oil. I used to do it with an old Chinese spring gun when I was a kid.

I have only done it a couple times with my new spring gun, but every time could be the last...

mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    Problems with video. What happened to rule number 3 (Be sure of your target, and what lies beyond?). Yes putting regular lubricating oil in the compression chamber of a spring piston gun will make it diesel. When you compress air at high speed, like in the compression chamber of a spring piston gun, that air gets very hot, very fast. That means that the oil is flashing off, increasing pressures and velocity. It is louder because of the combustion and the pellet going super sonic. Is it good for your spring piston gun? Probably not. Long term it WILL damage your gun.

There are two basic types of pellet gun oil. One is for the spring that drives the piston. The other goes into the cylinder of the gun. The purpose is to provide a wet seal for the spring pistons rings, much like a car. The oil provides the seal and provides lubrication for the piston. Don't mix them up. RWS and Beeman make good kits to keep your guns in good working order.

Look up the Beeman site for good instuctions on the care and feeding of you airgun.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Polizzi
    Top Bottom