AK Build

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Tim, if you want you can come over and use my sand-blaster to REALLY clean them up. After that you can paint them or blue them next time I fire up the tank.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    What color stain do ya'll use to refinish these stocks?
    I used Red Mahogany and it isn't as red as I would have liked and it appeared darker than the Red Oak I have. I'm thinking I should have bought Red China but I already had the other two. Oh well there is always my next build. Is it bad that I am already thinking of my next build and haven't finished this build?

Last edited:

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    What color stain do ya'll use to refinish these stocks?
    I used Red Mahogany and it isn't as red as I would have liked and it appeared darker than the Red Oak I have. I'm thinking I should have bought Red China but I already had the other two. Oh well there is always my next build. Is it bad that I am already think of my next build and haven't finished this build?
    Take your red mahogany and add some rit dye(red) I have a small can and dumped some out and added the whole box.It has more of a red than brown look then.As for your other question.Sounds like you are catching the addiction.Other simptoms are smallcuts on your hands and your hands smell like metal all the time.LOL:rofl:

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    This is what we got done yes'erday...
    2131667941_97d42d0d65.jpg

Pictures with her clothes on tomorrow. ;)

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Why not sandblast it this weekend? If you're painting it you really should sandblast it, so the paint has something to hold onto. If you're bluing it you really should sandblast it to get rid of the old finish. Either way, you really ought to sandblast it.

<edit>
    Sorry - I thought you were talking about the wood. By all means if you already have a finish on the wood and you want to make it darker go right over what you already have.
    <edit>

Top Bottom